PVZ Garden Warfare DirectX Mantle Crash Fix

by ImiComp

Original Post

PVZ Garden Warfare DirectX Mantle Crash Fix

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm using an AMD Radeon RX 480 on Windows 10 to run this game. One day I feel like to try out the Mantle API that AMD GPU is good at. Instead of gaining the performance boosts, the game won't even launch. It keeps spouting DirectX Mantle error message and refuse to start.

Mantle function "grGetExtensionSupport(m_gpus[gpuindex], "GR_WSI_WINDOWS")" failed with GR_ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE. GPU: "" (0), Driver: 0

PVZ Garden Warfare DirectX Mantle Issue.PNG

Too bad, so I need to revert back to DirectX 11 API but there are no pre-launcher settings that can be run in this game. So I looked around the installation and save folders and found out that the game saved the settings inside this file: "<User's Document Folder>\PVZ Garden Warfare\settings\PROF_SAVE_profile". Open that file in Notepad and search for "GstRender.GraphicsAPI" and change the following number  to 0 (zero) then save. Re-Launch the game, It should solve the issue.

PVZ Garden Warfare DirectX Mantle Issue Fix.PNG

Message 1 of 7 (3,087 Views)

Re: PVZ Garden Warfare DirectX Mantle Crash Fix

★★★★★ Newbie

When i open my Document folder its empty :/

Message 2 of 7 (2,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's sad to hear that AMD just sunsetted Mantle in 2019. Every AMD drivers made in 2019 and later will no longer able to run Mantle games.

There's a workaround by using a Vulkan translation layer called GRVK. You can find it on Github and it's FOSS too. It can give these Mantle games a new life.

Every Vulkan 1.2+ GPUs should be compatible with GRVK. Otherwise, you're kinda out of luck.. 😂

Message 3 of 7 (1,725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

pls help i Buy this Game today and i try the matle For curiosity

I try reinstall but nothing 

The Game files don't have Any settings carpet pls help 😭

Message 4 of 7 (1,252 Views)

★★ Novice
@ZiFik Hello, simply go to files/ documents/ PvZ garden warfare selections/ settings / Prof_save_Profile/ once you select the notepad, press Ctrl+B and filter the following word: GstRender.GraphicsAPI / a number 1 will appear next to it you change it to 0/ then you click file and save/ now just start the game and as new
Message 5 of 7 (1,002 Views)

★★ Novice
@malanbelan Hello, simply go to files/ documents/ PvZ garden warfare selections/ settings / Prof_save_Profile/ once you select the notepad, press Ctrl+B and filter the following word: GstRender.GraphicsAPI / a number 1 will appear next to it you change it to 0/ then you click file and save/ now just start the game and as new
Message 6 of 7 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thank you sir now my game is running again

Message 7 of 7 (597 Views)