Not even 1 year PopCap /EA, not even 1??

by benn1nat0r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not even 1 year PopCap /EA, not even 1??

★★★★ Expert

The game's Founder's edition was released on 04.09.2019. The official release was in late October. This game didn't even receive content updates for an entire year. I am disappointed, to say the least. And the updates we got weren't even good. Many introduced more bugs than they fixed. There were no hot fixes. Chomper? Disabled, gone. Wizard upgrade? Broken, lets remove it for 2 months and say we fixed it. Marketing? Nah, we don't do that type of stuff.

We waited so patiently and continued to support the game, and this is how we are rewarded?

DevilDevilDevil

PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BFN: I NEED IT.

It helped me so much when I had a bad day suffering pain from my diseases. And now they announce this on my birthday. Have I done anything wrong?

Message 1 of 26 (1,162 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not even 1 year PopCap /EA, not even 1??

[ Edited ]
Champion

I would really like one of the following 4 things to happen, or more:

• Continue developing Battle for Neighborville and listen to feedback.
  • Make a Garden Warfare 3, and announce it’s in the works (or that it’s planned to be) and let the community know.
  • Make Battle for Neighborville more replayable so it stays around for longer.
  • Continue the PvZ Franchise.

View in thread

Message 8 of 26 (988 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro
@benn1nat0r The only thing I can think of is greed. Like many companies, EA is probably gonna kill PopCap and put developers there in more successful franchises of theirs. Plants vs. Zombies might continue, but PopCap may be no more. This means more control over their work and microtranactions. I really wished it didn't come to this, but then again, this was inevitable. Just shouldn't be now.
Message 2 of 26 (1,148 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon It should have been obvious to us after they fired the original creator of PvZ before PvZ 2 released and they removed There's a zombie on your lawn from the mobile version of the original game. I paid for the app and they later made it free to play, but locked away my mini games behind "micro" transactions. It was a scam.
Message 3 of 26 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon Im getting dead space 3 flashbacks right now dear god.
Message 4 of 26 (1,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@stukapookaThis reminds me of Fortnite: Save the World. The older but younger brother to Battle Royale, it had a dedicated community and was fun but was plagued by lack of new content and a toxic part of the community. Then, Epic Games stopped making new content, showing that they just want the money, money for the Battle Royale. Then some people made hashtags like #savesavetheworld.
Same thing, two months apart.

Message 5 of 26 (1,106 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Fork_x_Spoon I remember that. Sad to see Anthem being promised to be reworked in a big way, but PvZ just gets a flower for its grave.
Message 6 of 26 (1,091 Views)

This game is very fun for me. Especially it's low responsibility team PvP system is great for me.

If GW3 is sold, I will buy it... but while creating GW3, what should I play?

Mordhau?

Message 7 of 26 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

• Make a Garden Warfare 3, and announce it’s in the works (or that it’s planned to be) and let the community know.
Message 8 of 26 (989 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85 wrote:

So much this. I couldn't agree more if I tried. We need fun silly shooters like the PvZ games and less CoD garbage every year. One can only handle so much 'realistic shooter' (R6 Siege is about it for me), we need more zombies shooting plants with footballs and plants pelting zombies with explosive flora in our lives.

Message 9 of 26 (965 Views)

★★ Expert
@benn1nat0r Ik u want the game to continue, but it won't.
Message 10 of 26 (950 Views)