Re: No ads since last update

by EA_David

Original Post

No ads since last update

★★★★ Novice

Hi everyone,

Since last update I have no ads anymore on my Ipad. The gold or gems or gauntlets are not anymore available. I tried to stop and start again, reset ID and nothing works... I am getting poor in gems and gold now since I could not watch any ads to get daily rewards.

I also have the game installed on a mobile phone (Android) with another account and all is fine on it, ads and rewards...

Does anyone have a magic trick for solve this?

Message 1 of 10 (1,791 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry, we don't have a player-side workaround, but I know that ad issues were being looked into. Are you still having this issue?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 10 (1,750 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

No nothing changed. Still no ads at all...

Message 3 of 10 (1,739 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for the update. Can I just check your region? This is often a factor with ad issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 10 (1,730 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am in Europe area in France

Message 5 of 10 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks, the most recent update on this is as follows: 

"We believe it's a caching issue with ads not being stored ready for you to watch. We recently changed our ad backend and updated it (this is a 3rd party piece of tech, nothing to do with the game or the game dev team) and it's one of the issues we're having with it. Video ads are downloaded and cached so they can be quickly pulled up when requested (when you hit the watch ad for Gauntlets, etc). But because no video ads are being cached, the button never activates so though the button in and of itself works, it's just not going to give you any ads because it thinks none are available.

We're certainty not throttling your ad limits and such deliberately but we're working with our external partners get that resolved. But since we don't do development on that particular piece of tech, we'll need to wait for them to sort it out for us. Hope that gives a bit more info Standard smile"

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 10 (1,704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok I understand the way it works.

Well I hope that it will  be solved quickly!

Thanks for th explaination

Message 7 of 10 (1,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So now it is more than 2 months that this ads issue came up still no solution for that?

Sorry but I guess I will have to quit this game as I cannot upgrade anymore my plants...

Message 8 of 10 (1,623 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So that's it? Nothing will be done?

Message 9 of 10 (1,483 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Message 10 of 10 (1,410 Views)