by CompleatBeet

Original Post

Is pvzgw2 dead in 2021?

★★★ Newbie

And should i buy it?

Message 1 of 12 (36,880 Views)

Re: Is pvzgw2 dead in 2021?

★★★★★ Expert

Definitely not dead, although some regions/platforms are less active than others. As for buying it, I'd lean towards yes, especially on sale, but note that some achievements are going to be rough to get as the special portal events aren't in rotation currently (although they should be), and some game modes are less populated than others. 

Message 2 of 12 (36,873 Views)

★★ Novice
@Iron_Guard8 I got the game on pc, and I'm literally incapable of finding a multiplayer match. I've played like 2 garden ops with other players and that's it. You sure it's not dead?
Message 3 of 12 (36,826 Views)

★★★ Pro

Hey @OndratanCz 

It's not dead on PlayStation or Xbox, but I'm not sure about the PC version. I've been hearing that it's dead on PC frequently but I'm not sure myself.

It still has a great player base on console however I don't think we'll be getting much content updates, if any.

If you like your shooters happy-go-lucky, casual and not serious then I definitely recommend purchasing it.

It has a great campaign, single-player and multiplayer experience and almost all the playable characters and cosmetics can be earned with enough playtime (excluding DLC exclusives like the Z7 Imp or emoji costumes).

Message 4 of 12 (36,795 Views)

★★★ Pro

@Zalamander28 The console versions are definitely not dead.

Message 5 of 12 (36,795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Zalamander28I just had a full lobby game Saturday morning (NA East) in GW2 and I consistently find games that are at least 8v8 and up when I jump into to the MP portal. Turf Takeover only though, unfortunately. Other modes have been ignored for a long time. There's a Reddit post from last week too where someone in NA East posted an almost full lobby at 3AM. It's most certainly not dead on PC, and it sounds like it's even more populated on consoles.

Message 6 of 12 (36,784 Views)

★★ Novice
@Iron_Guard8 Well thanks for at least telling me which mode I should be looking in.
Message 7 of 12 (36,780 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Zalamander28Yeah, it was different at first, just like GW1 I always preferred mixed mode but everyone focuses on TT or the mystery portal these days. Ops a little bit too, but often just go solo mode for Ops and use bots. If you need quests done for other modes, you'll have to play bot matches. This is part of why if we get a new game after BfN, we could really use crossplay.

Message 8 of 12 (36,772 Views)

★★★ Newbie

on pc i cant even find a match or i find a match and its empty

Message 9 of 12 (32,002 Views)

★★ Guide

I play everyday on the NA East server and always find full or nearly full  games in the evening. If I play earlier I use the European  server and find the same. I mostly play TT though and occasionally the mystery portal. Definitely not dead.

Message 10 of 12 (31,904 Views)