Re: Is PvZ GW2 Dead on PC?

by JorgitoYokiro

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is PvZ GW2 Dead on PC?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So, I was thinking about buying this game, but I'm not sure if it's dead because one of my friends said it was. So if you could help me by answering this, that would help out a lot, because I do not want to buy a game that's dead, thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 56 (48,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Guide
Game is not dead. A good amount of people play; it really depends at what time you play usually. Outside of TT and gnome bomb, if you are only looking for completely full servers, you can consistently find matches containing 5-7 players on both sides otherwise 4-9 p.m. there usually are full servers across all game modes.

View in thread

Message 3 of 56 (48,923 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Littlegozzy16 I play across platforms and have never had any issues finding other people to play with. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 56 (48,728 Views)

★★★ Guide
Game is not dead. A good amount of people play; it really depends at what time you play usually. Outside of TT and gnome bomb, if you are only looking for completely full servers, you can consistently find matches containing 5-7 players on both sides otherwise 4-9 p.m. there usually are full servers across all game modes.
Message 3 of 56 (48,924 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Nope. Not dead on PC. That's where I play consistently. Certain modes aren't populated very often but you can get a mystery portal event or regular turf takeover match to pop without much of a wait. 

Message 4 of 56 (48,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, thank you to everyone who replied! I just bought the game :D

Message 5 of 56 (48,678 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
be careful where are you asking! People on these forum will never admit that a game is "dead". There are dozens in reddit and other forums saying that the game is, practically, dead on PC. So, watch out the people you are asking for.
Best thing to do is to buy an EA Origin Access month suscription to check if worth it.
Message 6 of 56 (48,235 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Actually one of the pinned Reddit posts is :"No,  it's not dead, stop asking."

Is it booming on PC? No. I wouldn't claim that. It has certainly lost population since the heyday of launch, but dead it is not. If you want a dead game see Wild West Online on Steam charts or poor Battleborn which never hit its stride and is floundering. Only Turf Takeover is consistently populated or the portal events, and a lot of names you see will be consistent, with a few new ones here and there, but dead it is not. It can be frustrating if you like the co-op ops modes as you can run some with no takers on an public run but then get a full team that hangs around for a bit the next day.

If you want non-TT modes you have to play bot matches mostly.

The new DLC coming soon should help revitalize it some. It's not perfect but still a solid game.

Edit; In fact it's the very first thing in the FaQ:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PvZGardenWarfare/comments/9fyria/frequently_asked_questions/

Later down it does state:

"

Q: What About The Player Count?

A: The playerbase is healthy on both PS4 and Xbox, but PC has a much lower playercount."

Lower but still present. I play a little pretty much everyday, some days more than others of course, I'm also playing a lot of Paladins lately.

Message 7 of 56 (48,151 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

That's exactly why I'm saying there are no reliable answers about if is dead or not (even in some FEW topics of reddits as you quoted, especially in pinned topics) " but PC has a much lower playercount." That's subjective for some people and that is exactly what happened to me with PvZ GW1 with most people said "no, is still alive" and boom game was dead (and this was before GW2) especially in coop modes.

So best answers is to say 1: just try it with Origin Access and check for yourself (I did this first and I confirmed by myself) or 2 (my answer): Definitely no, worst option to buy this game on PC and also doesn't worth it now without 1P mode. At least Hardline has Story Mode and is more understandable.

I recommend PC players that are undecided to ignore this game and buy Titanfall 2 or some Battlefield game.

Message 8 of 56 (46,102 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@JorgitoYokiro wrote:

That's exactly why I'm saying there are no reliable answers about if is dead or not (even in some FEW topics of reddits as you quoted, especially in pinned topics) " but PC has a much lower playercount." That's subjective for some people and that is exactly what happened to me with PvZ GW1 with most people said "no, is still alive" and boom game was dead (and this was before GW2) especially in coop modes.

So best answers is to say 1: just try it with Origin Access and check for yourself (I did this first and I confirmed by myself) or 2 (my answer): Definitely no, worst option to buy this game on PC and also doesn't worth it now without 1P mode. At least Hardline has Story Mode and is more understandable.

I recommend PC players that are undecided to ignore this game and buy Titanfall 2 or some Battlefield game.

You’re replying to a post from last year.

😬👍

Message 9 of 56 (46,078 Views)

★ Novice

How do I find friends to play with? Does it matter if I play it on origins?

Message 10 of 56 (45,667 Views)