Information request for Plants vs Zombies 1 players with technical issues.

by EA_David

Original Post

Information request for Plants vs Zombies 1 players with technical issues.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi all! 

It appears that after a recent update a number of players are encountering game crashes. This isn't affecting everyone but we do of course want to get it fixed for folks who are having issues. 

We'd like to gather some information on this, please answer the questions below.

1. Where did the game crash? Was it on the title screen, when an ad launched, or during gameplay?
  2. What were you doing before the crash happened? Were you in any particular menus or game areas?
  3. Was your device online, and if it was, were you using wifi or mobile data?
  4. Can you list your device make & model, and your current firmware version? You can find this in your device's Settings > About section. 

Please include as much detail as you can, any info may help

Thank you

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 1 of 25 (22,018 Views)

Re: Information request for Plants vs Zombies 1 players with technical issues.

★★★ Newbie
1. The game crashes immediately. I see a black screen when clicking on the app and it crashes.
2. The app crashes no matter what I do (even force stopping). I haven't found a way to get the app working.
3. I was using wifi.
4. Samsung galaxy s9 REV1.1
Message 2 of 25 (21,830 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My situation is exactly like Graydonhands', the game crashes at a black screen before the logos even begin to appear, with or without wi-fi. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime.

Message 3 of 25 (21,809 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  1. Where did the game crash? Was it on the title screen, when an ad launched, or during gameplay?
    1. When opening the app, it lands on the screen of saved "Survival: Endless" game, with a "RESUME GAME" button in the middle. When I tap "RESUME GAME" or the Android system BACK button, it crashes.
    2. The above behavior repeats all the time even with a device reboot. I have no way to get around the problem. The account isn't linked to Google Play Games, and I have all levels completed, almost all plants collected and achievements done, so I don't want to lose them.
  2. What were you doing before the crash happened? Were you in any particular menus or game areas?
    1. I was trying to pick up the survival endless game that I stopped playing from a few days ago.
    1. Online, WiFi. I tried offline too, and it didn't help.
  4. Can you list your device make & model, and your current firmware version? You can find this in your device's Settings > About section. 
    1. Oppo Find X, Android 8.1.0
Message 4 of 25 (21,642 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same as graydon, it will not get past black screen. Will you fix this?

Message 5 of 25 (21,610 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_David 1.在我点击游戏的生存模式 最后的 无尽模式时,游戏崩溃了,退回到了桌面。
2.之前我正在无尽模式选择植物,退出之后,再次进进入游戏 就发生了这种情况。
3.我在线不能进行游戏,wifi不行,移动数据不行,
离线也不行。
4.我的设备型号是xiaomi8,Android9
Message 6 of 25 (21,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie

1. It crashed when i tried to open the PvZ free app, it just black screens for a few seconds and crashes, sending me back to my home screen.

2. Wasnt doing anything at all, woke up launched the game and  it started doing it. 

3. It was offline

4. Galaxy Tab S4 , model number SM-T830, ONE UI version 1.1, Android version 9

Plz help been trying for days still crashing till now

Message 7 of 25 (21,392 Views)

PvZ app crashes in “Last Stand Endless”

★★ Newbie

When trying to resume “Last Stand Endless”, the game will crash immediately after tapping the level. I left the game after 8 flags completed and cannot reenter the level it restart it.

Message 8 of 25 (21,379 Views)

PvZ crashes when I try to play Vasebreaker Endless

★★★ Newbie

I booted up PvZ for the first time in a few months and attempted to play Vasebreaker Endless. Upon clicking "New Game" the game crashed without showing an error message. The same thing happened when I clicked Continue or even Cancel. I tested it on my sister's account and everything worked perfectly. I tried un-installing and re-installing but it still doesn't work.

Message 9 of 25 (21,370 Views)

Re: PvZ crashes when I try to play Vasebreaker Endless

Community Manager

@vasilnz  @Jookoob4444 

Moved your posts over here. Can you reply back with the following info:

Have you tried these mobile troubleshooting steps below?

iOS Mobile Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

Android

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 25 (21,353 Views)