Re: Individual muting issue and no squad support?!

by L8FR8

Original Post

Individual muting issue and no squad support?!

★★★ Novice

So since release of the PS4 version muting an individual in the team display lasts literally only two seconds after returning to game. Please tell me why?! I've checked my settings, I've reset my router and PS4 to no avail. NO OTHER GAME I PLAY (Destiny, BF4, MINECRAFT, BLACKLIGHT RETR, DEAD NATION, WARFRAME, do I really need to list all?) has this issue. Even not playing the game for weeks and returning shows nothing changed.

Tonight while playing a kid must've had a PS4 camera connected and during the match it doesn't even show that the kid has a mic yet between matches it does. Now the whole match I hear everything going on in this kids house, IE the child talking, his parents talking, his brothers clowing around, etc. I can even hear my talking echoing through his house and yet he's on the opposing team! WTF?! Come on is it really that hard to get this to work properly? It makes sense now why no one uses a mic in this game. Day 1 had some people using them but day by day the amount of people I've run into with mics has quickly dwindled and it has to be due to the fact you can hear the opposing team AND you can't individually mute ANYONE. If I mute all it works great the whole time BUT WHY WOULD I WANT THAT IN A TEAM GAME?! I get that some people don't talk and that's fine but for those of us who'd like to WHY NOT MAKE THIS WORK?!

Next order of business is the abiltity to join up with friends. What amount of oversight is this that a fun family team based game doesn't allow you to join up with friends outside of Garden Ops? And even at that I have to invite them to join. WTF AGAIN?! How can that not be at the top of the list of things people would like to have in a team based game.

SCENARIO: Kid A comes home from school and jumps online to play a game on PS4 and see's kid B playing PvZ:GW and thinks hey I want to join them but there's NO OPTION IN GAME TO DO SO. The only way to join them is through the friends list, which would be fine BUT if the server kid B is in is full then you are SOL. Hey maybe kid B sends kid A a request to hop out and group up BUT oversight there is no group support. WTF?! So really the only way to enjoy this game with friends is to play Garden Ops OR hope that luck is on your side and keep attempting to join your friend until a spot opens up.

PvZ:GW is a fun game and my son and I enjoyed it enough that I bought us each a copy to play yet we don't play it that much because it's such a pain in the tucass to join up with each other. Please for the love of family fix this quick. Fix the muting ability AND add squad support for MP not just GO.

Message 1 of 3 (297 Views)

★★★ Novice

Can I get any official response on this? Some explanation that it's being worked on or at the very least the usual "We know of the issues and are working on them. When we are able to fix it we'll put it in the patch notes". I'd prefer something more personal in response but anything would be nice. I'm almost to the point that I'd rather sell mine and my son's games and put it behind me but I really do enjoy the game. The glaring mistake of these two items kills me to no end while playing though and makes me put it on the shelf for days/weeks until I get the itch to try it again with hopeful dreams of the most basic things to be fixed.

Message 2 of 3 (282 Views)

On the xbox versions there is a server queque(sp?) If a friend is in a full lobby it will automatically take you to his lobby when another player leaves that lobby.

also, if you are in a party it automatically invites party members when the party leader enters party matchmaking.

Im surprised these features arent avaliable on PS4 but i assume they are working on them and they will arrive at some point.

Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)