How can I use a PopCap (POP****) code to get PvZ on Steam/Origin?

by ch33s3r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How can I use a PopCap (POP****) code to get PvZ on Steam/Origin?

★★★ Newbie

I have a PopCap code for a PvZ license I got back around 2011-2012, but I'm unable to use this code to get PvZ on Origin or Steam. How can I get the game using this code without re-purchasing a game I already have the right to own?

Message 1 of 7 (3,237 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How can I use a PopCap (POP****) code to get PvZ on Steam/Origin?

Community Manager
@ch33s3r Thank you for sharing this, If the code is connected to iWin we would not have additional support for it.

In 2019 was when download from Pogo was stopped as I believe iWin has since set up their own site.

I know there was a site to allow you to transfer games (I am unsure if this still works with iWin) If you haven't attempted yet you could try it. (linked below)

https://blog.pogo.com/service-update-download-game-center-no-longer-accepting-new-purchases/

https://www.iwin.com/pogo-migration

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (3,061 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@ch33s3r What message do you get when you try to redeem the Code in Origin?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (3,100 Views)

Community Manager
@ch33s3r Were you able to redeem your code?

Illium.png

Message 3 of 7 (3,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Illium

No. EA Support referred me to iWin support. Here is iWin support's response:

Unfortunately, we are unable to recover your game(s) as the original purchase was made through PopCap, which, while owned by EA, is no longer in service.

As a prior courtesy for those customers, many of them were given complimentary copies of their games through the Pogo Download Games Center, but because the Pogo Download Games Center is now being discontinued, and because EA owns the rights to these game(s), iWin no longer has access to the PopCap catalog, which is why we are unable to transfer your game(s) to the iWin website.

We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Message 4 of 7 (3,083 Views)

Community Manager
@ch33s3r Thank you for sharing this, If the code is connected to iWin we would not have additional support for it.

In 2019 was when download from Pogo was stopped as I believe iWin has since set up their own site.

I know there was a site to allow you to transfer games (I am unsure if this still works with iWin) If you haven't attempted yet you could try it. (linked below)

https://blog.pogo.com/service-update-download-game-center-no-longer-accepting-new-purchases/

https://www.iwin.com/pogo-migration

Illium.png

Message 5 of 7 (3,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It figures. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have POP codes for 3 POPCap games!

SOL!

Message 7 of 7 (2,434 Views)