Re: Garden Ops wave cannot be completed last enemy not spawning

by PandaJosh702

Original Post

Garden Ops wave cannot be completed last enemy not spawning

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Myself and some others over at NeoGaf have noticed that in Garden Ops sometimes during a wave it will show there is still a zombie or plant to kill in order to end the wave, however there is no indicator showing their direction etc and upon searching the whole map they cannot be found. I've had groups all jump to death off a cliff in order to reset the wave only to have it end the same way. It always ends with us having to abandon the match and it's happening more often than I'd like. It doesn't seem to matter if I host or a random person does either and the two most recent ones ending this way on the Zen map wanted items found and returned as a bonus objective so maybe it has something to do with that wave combination.
Message 1 of 8 (2,910 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Is this happening on Time Park?  I've had problems with enemy characters getting stuck around the teleporters in Time Park.  If there's more than one, then they won't have indicators showing where they are.  If there's only 1 left (which is usually the case), a marker will show where it is.  They are usually in the "Hub" room which connects to all of the themed zones (the 1 with a concession stand in the middle and 4 teleporters).  The character is usually in one of the corners of the room nearest to the teleporter.  It seems like their pathfinding sometimes bugs out and they don't understand how to use the teleporters, so they get "as close as they can" to the garden which is the corner of the "Hub" room closest to the garden.

Message 2 of 8 (2,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've had this happen too, but I could eventually see their icons when a teammate walked 'near' them. And when I mean near them I mean over them - they spawned underneath the map. Both times this happened for me it was caused by a specific engineer-built teleporter (on Time Park, in Azia next to the portal that leads to Zgypt) that somehow spawned browncoats underneath the map. I wonder if other engineer/rose built teleporters can do this as well. I made a thread about that earlier but I'm not sure anyone saw it.

Anyhow, I've seen people reporting similar issues with the last enemies not appearing around here before and I suspect that in most or at least some of these cases they've ended up underneath the map, like what happened to me.

So, just wondering, do you remember if there were engineers present who at any point built a teleporter when this happened to you?

Message 3 of 8 (2,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The Zen Peaks map was the one that messed up recently for me, it did it twice the same night playing with random groups. One match it was plant side, the other time it was Zombie. I am guessing you are right about one spawning below the map or something, since when it happens there's no way to actually find/get to the last one.

Message 4 of 8 (2,859 Views)

★★★ Novice

what wave is this happening on? does it happen during a specific challenge?

Message 5 of 8 (2,856 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Those two instances happened during a special challenge, the plant side wanted chickens collected, the zombie side wanted candy (?) collected, not sure what exactly since we failed it as nobody could reach the first object in time, so then we went about the usual killing spree and got stuck with a missing kill.

Message 6 of 8 (2,836 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happened to me too except I was on Boney Island and I completed the checkpoint race and the zombie would not appear

Message 7 of 8 (1,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Literally just happened to me too, same exact map and checkpoint race too

Message 8 of 8 (1,296 Views)