Re: Do you think Peashooter needs to be re-balanced?

by theroguewolfe

Original Post

Do you think Peashooter needs to be re-balanced?

★ Apprentice

Pretty straightforward question - in my experience Peashooter has way to much going for it. These players are just too much to deal with.

Peashooter is the most mobile character in the game.

Peashooter is the smallest character in the game.

Chili Beans are blatantly overpowered.

The variant Peashooters are too powerful.

They literally have everything with no weaknesses. Rush them and they jump up and down with extreme mobility and slowly kill you with their splash damage on the ground, or they kill you outright with Chili Beans. They are better snipers than Cactuses are.

Are there any changes planned for Peashooter?

Message 1 of 9 (682 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think any of the characters are overpowered. Something can always take out another. You sound like you don't like the Pea because you can't kill it. Be a scientist. Learn to use warp, goo-blast the pea's face 2 times, or throw down some grenades, then warp out. It's simple, I find the peas are easier to kill than the 150 HP cactus or the over-healed sunflowers. When you get a group of sunflowers, boy are they tough!

Message 2 of 9 (665 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can kill Peas just fine and I'm sure others can as well. That doesn't mean they aren't overtuned.

Message 3 of 9 (663 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is true, but instead of complaining about everything you believe to be bad or wrong with the Pea Shooter, why not suggest some changes? Even minor changes (like doing 3-5 less damage for splash or direct hits) is more productive.

Message 4 of 9 (659 Views)

★★★ Novice

The peashooter is definitely a little over the top right now.  I'd recommend a slight dmg nerf to peas and a slight radius nerf to the chili bomb.  I also think the all-star could use a slight boost, maybe less of a movement penalty when shooting.   These changes would go a long way to balancing the factions in team vanquish, because right now I'd bet anything that the plants are winning team vanquish at least 65-70% of the time.

Message 5 of 9 (653 Views)

The problem with the peashooter is the hyper boost. It essentially gives it two bonuses in one. Not only can it run fast, but it can jump high, as well. Combine that with it's ability to splash damage it's shots, it's definitely got much more going for it than any other character.

Message 6 of 9 (627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

chili bean bomb could use a slight radius nerf

Message 7 of 9 (625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The chili bean bomb definatley needs to have the radius reduced as without a sprint its incredably hard escape. It probably wouldn't be such a problem if it wasn't for so many people playing as the peashooter and launching them every given chance.

Personally i wouldn't mind if they also limited how many peashooters can use the gatteling pea at any given time during G&G

Message 8 of 9 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The chili bomb is fine! only playing garden ops with 2 pea shooters can kill a giga! only 4 can kill 3! WITH chili bombs! Thos thing help, but aren't instakill! Peashooters are NOT better snipers, as they can only hold 10 or 12 peas, and have a waiting time before shooting again, gatling pea needs a boost because it takes about 12 to kill a normal zombie!

Message 9 of 9 (565 Views)