Do PVZ GW2 hackers get banned?

by GenuineDD

Original Post

Do PVZ GW2 hackers get banned?

★★★ Newbie

Do hackers even get banned anymore? I've been in a lobby with hackers, I've reported them and a few days later I run into them again! It's starting to get annoying that this game is being infested with these guys. So could someone explain to me if they get banned anymore? Or have they just allowed hackers to mess around online? 

Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 8 (9,202 Views)

Re: Do PVZ GW2 hackers get banned?

Nope.  I'm afraid it's the latter.

Message 2 of 8 (9,173 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Unfortunately not.

And i hear especially on PC there are a lot of them.

I play on PS4 and there are no hackers there, but there are people using glitches like team swap, stretched characters or hybrid characters.

Very annoying. But the only thing you can do is just ignore them and what i do is leave the match right away as i see someone abusing this.

Message 3 of 8 (9,170 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@GenuineDD If only...
Message 4 of 8 (9,144 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

They were dealing with them for a time but they've not been good at it overall and I had to deal with one Saturday in a TT lobby.

This is part of why we want a new shooter PopCap/EA! We need to be able to enjoy the PvZ shooters without hackers, and BfN hasn't done very well. The fact that I can still get full/mostly full lobbies on NA East PC even with hackers on a 4 year old game should speak volumes!

Message 5 of 8 (9,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Recently hackers HAVE been being banned, 3 of my friends (who may or may not hack) have been perma banned.

Message 6 of 8 (8,237 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

they actually just recently did a ban wave like a few months ago. but its not popcap thats banning these hackers, its some random person over at origin (if i remember correctly) thats willing to ban hackers from the game

Message 7 of 8 (7,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yep pc has alot of them, most of them are modders who have characters who are modded into the game

Message 8 of 8 (4,830 Views)