Re: Connection issues to EA servers on a PS3

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Connection issues to EA servers on a PS3

★★ Novice

Please fix this, it is not possible that my son has only been playing well for a month and then have to wait half an hour to get to their servers, how much longer wait for them to fix it?

Message 1 of 4 (2,611 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Please try the following and keep us updated:

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select Network Settings
  4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Turn off the Media Service connection can slower your PS3 internet connection (especially for downloading).

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 4 (2,590 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can you elaborate?  On the main menu it is having trouble connecting?

Have you guys tried rebooting the console?

You can also delete the game and reinstall and see if that works

While in the Playstation 3 Cross-Menu Bar (XMB) navigate to the ‘Game’ section.

• Scroll through this section until you find a folder called ‘Game Data Utility’
  • Open the folder to populate the Game Data list
  • Scroll though the Game Data list until you find the game that you are looking for
  • With the game entry you need highlighted, press the Triangle button
  • An options menu associated with the game you have highlighted will appear on the right hand side of the menu.
  • Select ‘Delete’ and press X to confirm.
Message 3 of 4 (2,587 Views)

★★ Novice

What is failing specifically is the connection to the servers that are intended for the game Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare that with other games like Need for Speed ​​or Crysis not have that problem, since I have 20 days so taking more than 30 min to play and when not to buy this game, what about your service?

I live in Mexico City, please give a solution to this may not be possible for more people to pass the same and do nothing to fix it.

Message 4 of 4 (2,582 Views)