Connection Timeout to EA Servers

by 843b2t6gsala

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connection Timeout to EA Servers

★ Novice

Hi

Been playing PVZ GW2 on Xbox One fine for years but now I have been having the Connection to EA Server Timeout error and haven't been able to connect for about 2 weeks. I initially thought it was a maintenance outage or something.

The network connection on XBox is ok with over 50mps down and 15mps up, no packet loss. I have tried the suggestions below from other posts but with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Close other running games or apps, (for Series X|S also close others running in quick resume)
Remove any connected device, or additional USB's from the console then restart the Xbox and check
Check for updates
Persistent Storage
Go to settings > Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray
Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage
Alternate Mac:
Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings
Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear
Select restart

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (1,817 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connection Timeout to EA Servers

★★★ Novice

I get the same error, but i am able to login in like this:

When the start animation begins, stop it by hitting 'A'. Wait 10 seconds until the Server Timeout error appears. Hit 'A' to close it. Wait 1 second, then 'A' again a the screen that says 'Press Menu Button'.

Hope this helps you.

I made this post about it, no solution to get entirely rid of the problem though:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/Pwz-gw2-network-timeout-but-still-works/m-p/...

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,563 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I've got the same exact problem. I finally let my kids start playing games and it worked for one week with no problems. Now it will not connect to the server

Message 2 of 5 (1,736 Views)

★ Novice
@Skulltrooper7409 Also after hitting Ok on the timeout error, then the Menu button to log back in it says it's connecting, with the flower doing its petal spin, but doesn't do anything even after 10min.
Message 3 of 5 (1,715 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get the same error, but i am able to login in like this:

When the start animation begins, stop it by hitting 'A'. Wait 10 seconds until the Server Timeout error appears. Hit 'A' to close it. Wait 1 second, then 'A' again a the screen that says 'Press Menu Button'.

Hope this helps you.

I made this post about it, no solution to get entirely rid of the problem though:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Plants-vs-Zombies-Games/Pwz-gw2-network-timeout-but-still-works/m-p/...

Message 4 of 5 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

For us, it is very much a question about timing. If we stop the start animation too late, or wait 3 seconds instead of 1 second hitting the menu (A) button, it doesn't work, and the flower spins forever. If it feezes about 5-10 seconds after your last press, you will be logged on. If it keeps spinning, might at well quit the game and try again.

It is so annoying EA is doing nothing to fix these issues. :/

Message 5 of 5 (1,371 Views)