Cheaters in PvZ2 battlez

by MadMongoose6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cheaters in PvZ2 battlez

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
How do you stop coming across cheaters in battlez?
EA will not reimburse gems paid to retain streaks and don't seem to be banning any of them. So what can you do?

Love the game but might have to give it up, in which case who to go to to get money spent in game back as it is due to EA's inaction to stop cheaters on their server.
Thanks
Message 1 of 50 (28,185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cheaters in PvZ2 battlez

Community Manager

@MadMongoose6 If you suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 50 (30,364 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@MadMongoose6 If you suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

Darko.png
Message 2 of 50 (30,365 Views)

★ Novice

Hi EA_Darko

I have submitted a few tickets as I have come across over 60 cheaters in battlez, however have not heard of any outcome and have come across those same users again.

The annoying thing is the gems required to retain streaks, I just paid 210 gems to retain my streak - so well over 1000 gems paid total due mainly to losses to cheats - are you able to reimburse the gems please?

I have played since the start so it is lucky I built up a war-chest of gems from watching videos, however it is running out very quickly and it is just extremely frustrating that people who just start can cheat for higher level plants and all plants where I have paid money and are not near the same level of plants.

Thanks for your time and replying.

Message 3 of 50 (28,075 Views)

Community Manager

@MadMongoose6 Due to privacy laws you will not get any updates on a report you make. From the above link:

Can I get an update on my report?

We can’t give you information about our investigation or what actions we take on another player’s account.

It's not you, it’s us. Actually, it’s our lawyers and consumer law and we don’t want to bore you.

You wouldn’t want us talking to other people about your account, would you?

We would be unable to reimburse any gems and I know that losing can be frustrating but it is not always a case that people are cheating. 

Darko.png
Message 4 of 50 (28,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

[Do not under any circumstances accuse others of cheating - CM]

Message 5 of 50 (28,057 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have also come across cheaters within the game such as using plants that are prohibited for other players and yet these hackers seem to find a way to use prohibited plants. I have also seen plants that are levelled up to the 100 level and I don't think these actually exist. In the photo you can see the player 'legendary' was using the 'caulipower' in a level where this plant was prohibited in that level. I don't care if EA tells me what the outcome is for a particular player who cheats, but I would like to know what are the penalties specifically when ANY player cheats. Are they immediately banned? Do they get a second chance? Do they get a warning? I have also lost my winning streak because of these cheaters but EA will not do anything about restoring your gems or giving you your money back which I don't think is appropriate. I just hear a lot of excuses (like the one below) and then your file is closed. It is extremely frustrating and I, too, am on the verge of flinging the game out of my repertoire for good.

Message 6 of 50 (28,019 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have been collecting photo files and reporting to EA also about the “possible cheating” going on in BATTLEZ.  I have played a LOT of games and been beaten by players playing with low level plants and no sun producing plant.  ‘Splain that??  I can’t .  I have been deprived of winning streaks also and after playing so hard to win gauntlets and mints and using the gems that I played so hard to win and spent time watching the same boring videos over and over and finding out that there is no recourse (you will not be repaid for time and trouble or gem and gauntlets) I too am about to hang it up.  The good thing is that I think BATTLEZ is almost over and soon there may be a new game where we only have to play against EA.  

Message 7 of 50 (27,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Most of the times I am 99% sure we are not playing against other players, but some simulations, and the cheaters are just bugs in EA AI. On different occasions I seen that if I play softly the opponent adapts. On other occasions even if I play hard the opponent manages to beat my score just before the end of the time. There are cases of scores that can not be reached not even with max lvl plants, 7 mil in a week when it`s hard to get 2,5 or jumping from 100k to 6 mil in 2 sec just before the time expires. The plants that are shown that the opponent used are just for mockup, I have seen shown the same plant with 2 different lvl used.

Message 8 of 50 (27,416 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I totally agree that we aren't playing actual players live. It may be actual games that players have played, and simulations, but we aren't playing someone live. I've also noticed 2 other trends.
1. Streak manipulations.
As my streak get longs (around the 8 wins mark) the opponent's score starts to reach my personal record for that particular Battle. I think it's all a scheme to get players to spend gems, which I've stopped doing.
2. The league doesn't appear to have real people

Also, I've noticed that the league's leader board appears to match my frequency of play. Last time I advanced from Gold to Jade, the top scores were all in the 600s. This time, when I've played less regularly, the top scores are in the 300s. I think the leader board is just an algorithm and not actual players. The goal being to get push players to spend more time in the app, watch more adds for rewards, and optimize this behavior without burning people out.

Message 9 of 50 (27,334 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I think you have a point there. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a pause button. At first, when I saw the battlez update, I thought it would be nice to finally have some online gamemode. Now, it seems like everyone needs WiFi just to look like it’s an online gamemode.
Message 10 of 50 (27,130 Views)