Ads not working in PvZ2

by 2am_lunatic

Original Post

Ads not working in PvZ2

★ Novice
Hello, since yesterday, May 17th, the ads in Plants vs Zombies 2 have stopped working. When I click on the button that says "Free Gems", "Free Coins", or " Free Gauntlets" I don't get an ad to watch. I only get the picture of the ad with an option to exit the ad or to get the app that's being sponsored. Before the ad would play for 30-40 seconds and then I would earn my reward but now I don't. Any help?
Message 1 of 14 (8,127 Views)

Re: Ads not working in PvZ2

Community Manager

@2am_lunatic Hi, are you still having this issue? 

If so, can I check if you've restarted your device recently? If not, can you try doing this then check the game again?

Thank you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 14 (8,077 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
@EA_David Hello, since last night it has stopped. Thank you anyway! Have a great day! :D
Message 3 of 14 (8,071 Views)

Ads are missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ads have been missing for months.  For the pinata party if I press to reply then it tells me no ads are available.  Never had this issue before.  The recent update did not fix it either.

I tried the resetting of Advertising under the Privacy menu.  That had no effect.  Tried restarting the iPAD completely, (nothing) then resetting the advertising,  nothing.

iPad Air 2

iOS 12.1.4

Version:  a:7.1.3  d:7.1.3

[Removed personal account information - CM]

Message 4 of 14 (7,247 Views)

Re: Ads are missing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Don't ever publish your player i.d. on a public forum, you're not the only person this has happened to and i suggest you contact EA HELP CENTER (below) and tell them to give you a new i.d.

They will probably tell you it's a regional thing.

I live in the uk and don't have your problem.🇬🇧

EDIT: i suggest you edit out your player i.d.

Message 5 of 14 (7,245 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi,

Did you manage to fix this problem? This happened to me today but it happened overnight. and i don't know what to do. Haven't even update any version. Have restarted my device, everything working fine except the lack of ads for gems, gauntlets etc

Message 6 of 14 (7,076 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got same problem from last couple of days... have you sort out ur problem... pls let me know how, or it didn't solve 

Message 7 of 14 (7,118 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The ads came back for approx 1 day then as of last night (UK) it disappeared again.  Still hasn't come back this morning... maybe no company is willing to pay for the ads with the brexit coming up.

Message 8 of 14 (7,065 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

So during the time that the ads are out, if we maximise the free gems that we can obtain per day, this is approximately 12 from the free gems + 2 from the daily log which makes 14 x number of days the ads are out of order... so does this mean that we are able to ask for this back from EA?

Message 9 of 14 (7,056 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You can always ask, just don't be surprised if you get nothing back from them.

Message 10 of 14 (7,052 Views)