Re: shift 2 unleashed game crash on quick race

by rcgldr

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I've since found out that the Origin versions of Shift 2 Unleashed or Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Editions are not the same. It appears that the EA Store digital download version and the EA DVD-ROM version are the same, so it's only the Origin version that is different, and it has a different crash issue, one that can prevent the game from being played at all.

With the Origin version of Shift 2, and when starting a new career, (either a player that just bought the game, or by backing up and then deleting ...\profiles\default.sav), the main menu only shows "career" and "options". I can choose options to adjust video and controller settings. When I choose career, the game crashes on the very first event, a 2 lap practice run used to choose difficulty and assists settings, even with the internet disconnected. This means there's no way to play the Origin version of the game on the system I tested it on.  On that same system, the EA Store and the EA DVD-ROM versions are able to complete the 2 lap practice, the practice race, all of the D class events, all of the hotlap invitational events, which is where I stopped testing, and with the internet connected. For the EA version of Shift 2, only a few of the career mode events crash with the internet connected.

Message 11 of 13 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

To make a long story short I got the game to run with starting error at track load, at first there were no indication of reason for closing, I was using the downloaded version from Origin, I had installed the game from a bought CD originally but origin said it was already used, but it had worked. The downloaded Origin closed at start of race loading. Origin check for errors etc did not work. So I installed the CD version again and I got an error about needing file physXLoader.dll Having a geforce card this file was not in my /NVIDIA Corporation/PhySX/common folder like it was in another computer so I copied both physXLoader.dll and physXLoader64.dll to the other computer and it worked! I think Origin needs to update their install of this game. Win10

Message 12 of 13 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you please give a link to download this specific file?

Message 13 of 13 (206 Views)