"King for a day" Trophy/Achievement needed for Platinum

by waltdisneypi

Original Post

Re: "King for a day" Trophy/Achievement needed for Platinum

★ Apprentice
I wonder what this "security issue" could possibly be for an Autolog/stats information server.

Then I realised....

The Autolog last went wrong in 2014, it's now 2016... 2 years, hmm commercial SSL certificate for the server expired? I guess that's "security" and it's an "issue", because of course gamers are just a bunch of ignorant uninformed kids, we can't handle the technical specifics or you don't want to admit how simple a failure it is and comes down to money, a small amount of money (in business terms).

That would certainly explain why a server would just stop working on its own, so that's it then and the company won't agree to renew/replace an SSL certificate to an old game server? Even though it's still being sold digitally.

I presume it was setup so that a wildcard can't be used and no one is will to make it work with a wildcard.

Come on EA, the cost of that is minut and you can publish a server closure on your site for the new certificates expiry, you'll have less to no people moaning then, with a two year warning. Those sales from digital copies while Autolog was down in 2014 and since 2016 profits should go straight to the cost of the new SSL certificate if EA had any decency.

If no EA exec will sign off on the PO for the poultry amount, how about a crowdfunding site for those gamers interested to support it.
Message 41 of 137 (2,041 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Nice reply, AceSoloMcCloud

i have the game next to my ps3 and waiting for some email notification about EA fixing it and me running to my ps3 to get the trophy

i still have hope that someone in EA someone like US read this and do something about it

as i said it before I wont buy any more games from EA i wont be the one paying for Tom;s salary until they fix it

and hey people go quick to ps store because we have disccount from EA and guess what The Run is on sale!!!!!!!!!

Message 42 of 137 (1,994 Views)

★ Guide
@Straatford87 Thanks for sticking with this, EA is ruining everything for us, especially completionists like myself and other who pursued this. There's really nothing else to do here? The achievement/trophy is unobtainable forever? Frown
Message 43 of 137 (1,968 Views)

★ Guide

@acesolomcloud

Right. This could be the reason for that "security issue" Standard smile

@Straatford87

Lets see, what we have so far:

You won`t fix that "security issue"

You won`t hire some of the Black Box Guys to have a look at this. So....it seems, the game is not the problem. So we are back at the point: Server-sided-issue (look at AceSoloMClouds posts)

You won`t do anything for those of us, who asked to get that Trophy

You want to sell your games, but you don`t give anything about customer satisfaction.

You want to see people playing your games, but you don`t fix issues like this one here.

I wrote before, I am done with you guys but I bought the PC-Version of the game. Okay... Multiplayer is working and you can drive against others like on PS3. But: Beside the problems on PS3, it is not possible to invite friends to get some multiplayer targets on PC. I didn`t know that. What I have done for you is: I bought the game for the PS3 including every available DLC. I bought it for PC and Shift2 Unleashed to get that BMW Z4. That what I did have thousands of players done too.

What on earth can EA now do for us? Thats very easy: Fix this issue please.

As this is taking so much time, I really ask myself, if you are not able to understand why we all want to play this game in full.

There are 2 options:

1st: It just doesnt matter for you.

2nd: you are not able to fix it, because you do not have IT-Guys who are good enough to do it and you do not tell anyone about it.

Now I ask myself, why do you guys get money at the end of the month? If I would tell my boss, I will not do anything during the month, he wouldn`t give me any money.

Do you FINALLY understand?

Message 44 of 137 (1,938 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe they just don't care?

Maybe they just want people like myself who gets very little money (being a student) to buy their game which doesn't even work properly as it seems from the post above and also due to not being able to get the trophy...

Maybe they just think as soon as the consumer buys the game, they won't give a hoot about them, they've done their job of advertising and successfully selling the game with all it's DLC.

As I said, this is a MAYBE situation.... but if there really is no way to fix this issue, can I at least have my money i payed for this game back? I have not even downloaded or installed the thing on my console.

Message 45 of 137 (1,923 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Sad to say that i started this game yesterday and regret my decision, i thought it was gonna be a fun game. It has now been ruined yet again by another game with inactive Autolog.

I will not be buying any DLC in this game or any other EA Titles from this point on, i took a break from playing this company's games and now I remember why, I Will however be playing games released if theirs no multiplayer, with no reliably that it needs to be online, since EA thinks its okay to just put stuff out that they can immediately drop support for. 

The Reason I'm only just now playing this game, is because i play everything, the only need for speed games i haven't played is NEED FOR SPEED UNDERCOVER which i was  gonna play but am now gonna throw in the trash, and NEED FOR SPEED PRO STREET but we all know those servers are shut  down.

I know this post doesn't add much, but just hoping that in someway it is read by someone, and that they understand that i have played these games since the Underground DAYS and that they have lost a long time NEED FOR SPEED fan and that I WILL NOT be putting any more MONEY into this franchise.

I will be keeping an eye out on this thread, for any response or a fix, but I know that's highly unlikely or asking to much

I'm sure the community manager is done checking in on this thread

Message 46 of 137 (1,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
I don't think @Straatford87 will be responding to this anymore, he thinks he did whatever he could to get this fixed, and maybe he did, we'll never know for sure... I want this to be fixed really bad too, but I don't think this platform will do anything for us anymore guys.

Maybe that's just what we get for being loyal costumers of such a crappy company. And @Straatford87 could've been more forthcoming with us, telling us what the reality was and how hard it was or wasn't to get this fixed. As expected, it came down to money, which EA will never spend on issues like this, not even in a legacy game like this, which has even a movie made about it.

I won't stop being hopeful, I just don't know what else to do...
Message 47 of 137 (1,863 Views)

★ Apprentice

It really sucks that nothing will be done about this game. Im still trying to be hopeful here but my patience has long been expired.

I cant belive that im able to play online on a 10 YEAR OLD game (NFS Carbon) but not on The Run.

I guees EA really dont give a f**k about their loyal supporters.

If they plan on shutting The Run down, they HAVE to give us a 30+ day warning.

There goes a bunch of wasted potiential.

Message 48 of 137 (1,787 Views)

★ Guide

Hi AceSoloMcCloud, I have to agree here. It's probably a simple case of paying for and upgrading an SSL certificate. I can't believe EA don't have a wildcard certificate to cover all their game servers and sites, but, if it's HTTPS it's only a couple of hundred dollars (how easy would that be to crowd-fund!?) and the server would more than likely work with a free SSL certificate from the likes of startssl.com. I wish EA would give me access to their NFS: The Run and Skate 2 servers so I could fix them (probably in less than an hour).

Message 49 of 137 (1,700 Views)

★ Apprentice

C;mon guys.... We need a patch, just for the trophy man. Please.

Message 50 of 137 (1,911 Views)