Re: "King for a day" Trophy/Achievement needed for Platinum

by whitop47

Original Post

★ Guide

@Straatford87

I am missing a post of mine.... I cant remember, that I wrote some offensive stuff. But I dont mind. Whoever deleted it: Have fun!

And Tom: Again, we should make clear, that we do not blame you for this Problem. And we don`t for the other thread regarding The Run`s Autolog Problem too. I am pretty sure, that you will open up a beer once this threads are finally done Teeth bared

But seriously, EA`s behaviour is not correct. Am I right?

If there would be an explanation easy to understand for us, would make it easier. For now, it looks like, they are not interested. Or they have no developers who can handle the code, like the Blackbox Guys (r.i.p Blackbox) did. Maybe, maybe... Standard smile

Message 91 of 137 (1,962 Views)

★ Guide

@Straatford87

I too am really sorry to have bothered you all this time, but this is the extent of our dedication. All of us that followed this thread closely. We've been miserable to see this game stay incomplete because of such an easy achievement. We don't know the specifics of it, maybe you don't either, but if you could manage a 1 week event, or maybe just a 1 day event for that matter, where this achievement is still obtainable, you´d be making most of us here go away. For good. I can't see why this wouldn't be possible. Then again, what do I know...

Message 92 of 137 (1,930 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@AstonisherZ @AndrettiRacing @whitop47

Hi all,

I am not familiar with the technical aspect of getting this to work, as that type of change is determined by some of our other dedicated teams. What I can add is that at this point I've reached out to those teams multiple times with requests from all of you, but now that they've concluded their investigation, I can confirm that the changes that you are requesting won't be implemented.

I really admire the passion for this game from all of you, and I appreciate that you pushed me to stay on top of this. Going forward, I just want to set proper expectations for all of you that at this point, sadly, there isn't more I can do.

Thanks again for reaching out to me.

Edit: small change to sentence structure.

Message 93 of 137 (1,867 Views)

★ Guide

@AndrettiRacing @AstonisherZ@imRihan @waltdisneypi @Straatford87

So what now? We should let this go? Without knowing why? That's just the thing, EA will never tell us the real story here, because if they did, they would come out incredibly cheap. Believe me, I work with IT projectg management for a couple of years now and this kind of patch (unlock the achievement/trophy when you run the game) that we've been asking for the past year can be done in a couple of days at the most, with only one person working on it. That's practically zero resources to appease the most loyal EA suporters ever. But still, huge, I mean huge thanks to @Straatford87 for the incredible attention he has given us all this time, we get, it's not your fault, and you won't be able to do anything else for us. That's the question for us guys: what to do next. Twitter? Facebook? EA costumer support? I don't know, we probably won't get the same kind of attention that Tom gave us here... I'm open to suggestions, I didn't intend to let this go a year ago, and I still don't intend to let this go now.

Message 94 of 137 (1,839 Views)

★ Guide

@whitop47:I totally agree with you. I am very interested that this game will be fixed too.

I tried the following so far:

Twitter: There was no answer.

Facebook:  Wanna bet what the answer was? "Please give us the error message and do a reset of your router. Autolog is working fine at our side". They did not understand the problem and I have my suspicions that they really are not informed about this special problem.

EA Customer Support: uhm...no. I dont know what you guys tried, but I had already chats with 3 different people. And the result is always the same. They dont know or dont understand or they understand and are instructed to avert questions regarding The Run`s Autolog problem.

My Idea was, to contact EA`s Management. Maybe, with a little luck, someone there has an open ear for us?

P.S. I am working in an IT Dept. too. Original answer of the programmers in our company: If we would do our work this way, we would have been fired. So...where are the Blackbox Guys?

Message 95 of 137 (1,806 Views)

★ Novice

Thats no problem Tom , thanks for trying. (:

Message 96 of 137 (1,802 Views)

★ Guide

Another try with Supportchat last night:

- Could you raise a Ticket to the responsible IT-Department?

- No

- Do you have a contact adress from EA`s Management or CEO?

- No

I got no idea anymore.

Message 97 of 137 (1,774 Views)

★ Guide
@AndrettiRacing

I don't know either man, but this is just too annoying...
Message 98 of 137 (1,758 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Archi

I just saw that you helped solve the Dante's Inferno problem like 2 weeks ago, couldn't you give us a hand on this? We've been back ans forth with Tom with this for more than a year, but we got nothing, not even a decent enough explanation. Here's hoping at least...
Message 99 of 137 (1,912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there, EA Guys!

My name is King for a Day trophy!

A lot of gamers from hundred of countries cannot achieve Me and it makes them really sad. And I'am sad too.

It would be really great if you just make a patch to unlock Me (King for a Day trophy), if you can not fix the autolog! I just want friends and players get me!

Please, EA Guys! You will make thousands and thousands of people really happy. It's really great opportunity to show up everybody that you care about your players!

So, please let everybody get Me (King for a Day trophy once again) somehow automaticly with new released patch.

Sincerely,

Always yours 

King for a Day trophy!

Message 100 of 137 (1,899 Views)