Re: "King for a day" Trophy/Achievement needed for Platinum

by Straatford87

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Straatford87 wrote:

These changes are not as easy as they seem, mainly because such changes will also need to be made by third-parties that host our titles such as Xbox and Playstation.

If we only had to flip a switch then we would certainly already have done so for you. We are meanwhile still reaching out to all involved parties and investigating which changes are required and if we are able to make them.

Thanks everyone for sharing your feedback and suggestions in this thread.

Ok, thank you so much @Straatford87 for being our voice and pushing this issue within EA, please try to keep us regularly update so we know you're still on the case and if there's any movement between the involved parties. This is a golden opportunity for EA to earn some highly positive reputation within the industry customer base.

Also, a technical question... are our Stage times being recorded on Autolog but they're not visible or are they not even being recorded by autolog?

Wondering whether I should work on finishing the Run stages I have left to do right now or in case the autolog is fixed and none of my times have been recorded it would be better to wait and see for now?

Also, another one, sorry, this Autolog issue, does it wipe the times for gamers? So when it is fixed, we'll have to race a stage again.

This issue was fixed briefly, in 2014, were the times wiped there when it started working again?

Can you reference a changelog to see if anything happened to the servers between January 2016 and March 2016? Could it have been wiped/reset/fixed then?

Reason is, some poor gamer unlocked the trophy on March 8th 2016 and because no one has been able to unlock it since January he's been labelled a cheat, however working in IT and with servers myself I suspect something may have happened and briefly had the server working for him to be able to unlock it before it fell over again.

Message 31 of 137 (2,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well i got on The Run today and i could finally play multiplayer, but just as more or less as everybody on this page, i cant see, freinds, times, levels, icons and backgrounds. I already have the "King For A Day" achivement, but i still think this is unfair since no one else can finish and play this game in its full entirety. You gotta do somthing about this EA, this aint fair, neither is it right. Fix the goddamn autolog already, this has gone on too long.

Message 32 of 137 (2,591 Views)

★ Apprentice

*bump*

We're waiting...

Message 33 of 137 (2,491 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Never mind, Autolog *profanity removed* itself again..........

Money?....or dedicated fans?......

Well isnt it obvious? of course its the money, its EA for the love of god.

Message 34 of 137 (2,449 Views)

★ Guide
Let's not let this thread die out guys...
Message 35 of 137 (2,428 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just got here, but i definently wont be leaving.

Message 36 of 137 (2,425 Views)

★★ Guide

We still waiting ... 

Message 37 of 137 (2,322 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi everyone,

I've checked up on this for you but unfortunately we won't be able to make any changes to The Run achievements, or their requirements. Note that online gameplay is still completely unaffected and remains fully available for you to race against other players as stated in the original thread on this subject.

Since we've now checked up on the Autolog Friends issue, and your request about achievements, we consider this matter for Need for Speed The Run, closed.

Message 38 of 137 (10,317 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Same old storey, just like Terminal Reality, what's the point in having a community forum and community Manager when the company just doesn't care about the community unless their singing praises about the company or have the simplest of issues.

You may wish to consider the matter closed, but to those of us who have spent their money on EA's product and not been able to get the full experience from the game (achievements/trophies are a part of the game, you Devs put the time in to design some real stinkers to obtain yet you can't be bothered to fix them), it is not closed. Not to mention the online terms and conditions specifically state what we're receiving for (mandatory I might add) signing up to EA Autolog for The Run within the game, you break that with an update and just decide you won't do anything about it.

Some will will retort with profanity, you will moderate them and threads that are created regarding thetopic, also probably ban people, maybe even give up completely and close your forums (TR did), eventually the companies lack of care for the consumer (gamer) will extend to testing of the games, shipping with loads of bugs (if not already), and the consumer base will turn on you, not just the gamers concerned with achievements and trophies, your latest releases will sell less and less until like TR and others before them you go under, while its sad that some IPs will not get new games made (unless sold on), it's a also a blessing they're not being milked by a company with no genuine interest is customer satisfaction.

You already have a lousy reputation for insisting on using your own servers over Microsoft ones and closing them down, oh yes if we're lucky you'll make a note of it on your status page, just before or after, whatever. Now you don't even support your recent titles that are running, something breaks, oh dear we won't fix that, but hey he's another new game coming out from us.

I understand there's time, resources, money, you're not short of funds and while it looks to have no immediate return, what it would do for your reputation in the industry and gamers, showing you actually care (besides the money) will help your future sales.

Do you really think the casual gamers, the ones that unlock a few trophies or achievements are the ones buying your games day one? Or buying all of a series to "complete" them? Nope, they're playing round a friends, they're getting them out of a preowned bin, they're not the ones paying full price like us. Nintendo relied on the casuals, look what's happening to them, like they have Pokemon you have your sports titles you can assembly line out annually, fine, sell all other IPs (Need for Speed) to someone who cares and just produce your annual sports releases and we'll see no more of each other.

I hope all the EA management have all the products they enjoy from other vendors fail and are incomplete, never to be fixed, no longer actually supported.

Good buy Need for Speed, until you're free from EA and I'm sad for any other IP you will get your hands on.

Simply as, EA won't support me as a gamer, I won't support them as a Developer/Publisher.

I would emplore you to reconsider, but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears.
Message 39 of 137 (2,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Well, multiplayer isnt fully accessable, because 99% of the time i get on The Run, it wont connect to the EA Servers.

Oh yeah, bought NFS Carbon yesterday, and online services are still up....

Seriously? 2006? and the servers are almost fully functional, but a 2011/2012 game cant handle more than 50 active players?

Get real EA, this is pathetic. Theres still plenty of potential for NFS The Run but 'Look we have a new NFS for you, it cost 8 times as much as NFS The Run but hey.

Weekly Playlist Cars? never seen a single person drive one. Never seen a video showcasing them. Let us buy them. the cars look awesome but no one can get them.

Message 40 of 137 (2,517 Views)