new NFS (2018-19) survey

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

new NFS (2018-19) survey

★★ Guide
Spoiler

I got an email today asking me to do a survey about the new NFS game that's coming out soon. Well, I did it. However, my question remains; Why not do a remastered version of Most Wanted (2005), Underground 1& 2 and perhaps Carbon in these next couple of years?

I get the idea of innovation, with new customizations, car models, etc. I personally like it. But perhaps EA has gone a bit too far with these titles such as: Hot pursuit (the newest one), Most wanted (2012 - which no one really liked it) and the run ( I liked the concept of the game but it could have some already customized cars in it). I can't really say anything about the last one (payback) because I haven't played it yet. But the 2016 one, God, gimme patience to deal with it and not strength or else I will strangle someone! (translated from a Portuguese-Br expression).

I only should have to deal with people online IF I am playing online, the game doesn't need to be online, just its multiplayer.

I really hope that EA will understand that remastering NFS Underground 1 & 2, Most Wanted from 2005 and carbon will only do good thing, for us, and for them.

Best regards,

L

Message 1 of 3 (1,109 Views)

Re: new NFS (2018-19) survey

★★★★ Apprentice
I agree. The Jack spots and having to race bone stock sucks in most wanted 2012. The Run was ok for a new concept. I'm still wondering why there's so much talk about older games and yet, I have trouble finding people to play online with for pro street, UNDERCOVER, shift 2, and carbon as well as the most wanted remake. From what I've seen, NFS 2015 is good. I think the reason remastering older games is delayed because people talk, but don't play judging from my posts that never were replied to. If people reply and play these five NFS Games with me and others, EA will notice.
Message 2 of 3 (1,080 Views)

Re: new NFS (2018-19) survey

★ Guide

I don't own any consoles, just a PC, so I don't know about online console play.

Pro Street servers are shut down. Using the career mode menu for online play was a bad idea, because it made it difficult to find other players, as unless 2 or more players chose the same race day, no players could enter a lobby to wait for other players in order to join a race. Part of the community tried to pick one of the race days as a meeting place, but it wasn't well known, so online participation quickly declined because no one could join a race.

Carbon and Undercover servers are still online, but based on the leaderboard activity, it seems that most of the periodic (daily, weekly, ...) postings in the leaderboards are due to players doing career mode events while logged in, with very few doing multi-player events. A few players do ranked hot laps and these show up at the top of the periodic leaderboards, but most of these are much slower than the overall records as the faster players are gone now.

For Shift 1, there are no periodic stats, just overall stats, so there's no way to tell if there has been any recent activity.

Shift 2's removal of the chat feature translated into very few players ever going online. With no way to communicate with other players (few players have something like VOIP), it's like playing offline, with other players acting as AI cars.

I've tried looking for multi-player races for some of these games, but haven't found any in several years. I'm in the west coast USA, and many of the USA players have migrated to consoles, so I'm in a bad time zone for PC multi-player.

I stopped buying NFS games after what happened with Shift 2 and World, so I don't know what the more recent titles are like.

Message 3 of 3 (1,068 Views)