does the NFS * run with a Win10 PC purchasing via Steam?

by Alfreinter

Original Post

does the NFS * run with a Win10 PC purchasing via Steam?

★★★ Newbie

Does the NFS Shift run ina Win10 PC purchasing via Steam?

I realy loved this game but I see also that the price is almost the same for the newest NFS version so if theres is asome way to play the Shift in a Win 10 PC i would like to know it.

Message 1 of 3 (830 Views)

Re: does the NFS * run with a Win10 PC purchasing via Steam?

Champion (Retired)
Hello @Alfreinter

Steam is the only way to purchase NFS Shift i'm afraid. You would be best to wait for it to drop in price on a sale.

Keep an eye out here: https://isthereanydeal.com/game/needforspeedshift/info/

Message 2 of 3 (822 Views)

Re: does the NFS * run with a Win10 PC purchasing via Steam?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Alfreinter Yes, NFS Shift works on Windows 10. If you encounter an issue with slow loading, run the game in Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) compatibility mode. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card and have problems with the game (e.g. it immediately crashes), you might need to install PhysX System software.

• As you are aware, Steam still sells NFS Shift. This version works and is my recommendation to you.
  • At least one reseller currently still sells codes for the Origin version. However, 1) while that reseller has been vetted by other sources (and you can find that reseller easily enough via IsThereAnyDeal.com), it is not on EA's "Trusted PC digital online retailers" shortlist, and 2) there is an issue with a couple of the DRM files on the Origin version of NFS Shift that requires replacing them with working copies from another applicable Origin EA game installation (which is probably why NFS Shift was removed from sale on Origin); this issue doesn't affect the Steam version.
  • Alternatively, you could buy the game on DVD (e.g. eBay, Amazon) if you have a DVD or Blu-ray optical drive. Game patch 1.02: Europe; North America.
Message 3 of 3 (780 Views)