Re: Why can I not skip many of the cut scenes?

by trickeh2k

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why can I not skip many of the cut scenes?

★★★★★ Newbie

Why can I not skip many of the cut scenes? 
Why is there no option to skip the intro to the game or other cut scenes like the car intros?  I noticed that the pursuit cut scenes (like in High Stakes) were removed . Thank you for this at least.

You know the sales pitch dealers give on cars?  How would you like to be forced to listen to that pitch before you were able to start your car, every time you put the key in the ignition?  It would get old pretty quick. 

A good game has cut scenes and intros but doesn't force the player to watch them.  There needs to be an button to bypass them and also an option in the settings to always skip them. 

Message 1 of 8 (66,211 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★ Pro

It's like 1-2 seconds... tops. It was the same thing in Hot Pursuit, I was never really bothered with it to be honest... Rather watch that 1-2 second thing while the world is being generated in the background.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (76,096 Views)

All Replies

★ Pro

There is, you just missed it. Go to your controller settings and check what key (if you're using a keyboard) that's assigned to skip the cut scenes.

Message 2 of 8 (66,183 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

skip 

esc 

Message 3 of 8 (66,180 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You still can't skip much of the beginning of the game's cut scenes and even when you skip the cut scenes at the beginning of the races you still have to watch some of it.

Message 4 of 8 (66,170 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro

It's like 1-2 seconds... tops. It was the same thing in Hot Pursuit, I was never really bothered with it to be honest... Rather watch that 1-2 second thing while the world is being generated in the background.

Message 5 of 8 (76,097 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Actually I've been forced to watch the intro with the tutorial every time I entered the game no matter how many cars I've changed in the previous attempts and, no, there's no way to skip it.

Message 6 of 8 (58,841 Views)

★★ Novice

I know this is old post, but may be helpful to others.

I just renamed one of the files in the installation folder (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\UI\MOVIES). In my case the file was named "1307304.VP6". I renamed that to "1307304.VP6.skip". It was the largest file in that folder. You can also load the files with VLC media player, although without audio. That seemed to work.

These forced intros/cut scenes do my head in when there is no way to skip, plus they seem to take forever to load.

Message 7 of 8 (18,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Its probably because the cut scenes are a way of hiding loading screens. There never that long it's just the quality of the voice acting its always always SUPER CRINGE AND BADLY DELIVERED!!! I think they hire cheap voice actor's due to the cut scenes being almost a throwaway thing. Just there to set up a race of the fact the FEDS are chasing you.

Message 8 of 8 (13,841 Views)