by CroKiller

Original Post

Re: Speed Points rising up when I'm not playing NFS

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Desolutional wrote:

@Galford24 wrote:

Deleting the save file?

1. You keep your speedpoints (those you deserve for playing the game + those you got because of the bug) even if you delete your savegame, because the information about the amount of your speedpoints is stored on the Autolog servers - it is true, you won't get more of the speed points that are related to the bug, but still your overall speedpoints score is "corrupted"

2. The problem could happen again until Criterion is actually fixing it. You tell people to delete their savegame so they lose a lot of their progress in the game (except the speedpoints) - but what if that bug occurs again? You are an -bad word- if you say this is a solution. Criterion has to fix the bug first - there is no excuse for not fixing it.

Sure, Criterion has to fix the bug, but on the question of video game morality, and "fake" speedpoints, let me ask you this: have you ever played a game in which you kill someone, e.g. BF3? Well, if you want to get into video game morality, stealing (e.g. you gaining speedpoints for no fault of your own), is a lot less worse than killing, right? If someone offers you a million dollars for free, no strings attached, would you take it? Sure you're gaining speedpoints, but it's not your fault, if you want to be impeccable at THIS VERY MOMENT, then I suggest not playing NFS until a patch actually arrives, because some of us can't even play the game because it keeps crashing after concours (e.g. Me). Nevermind the constant gameplay crashes when finishing a speedlist after concours.

No wait, i think this is in most parts a missunderstanding. I am not questioning videogame morality or morality at all, at least not the way you think i do.

The only thing that is "fake" is the amount of your Speedpoints. But deleting the savegame will not erase your speedpoints. Deleting your savegame will come with a loss of legit progress. So you keep your fake speedpoints, but throw away legit game progress?

Gameplay crashes were not a huge topic in this thread, so let me ask you: does deleting the savegame prevent the game from crashing? If that is the case, then deleting your savegame makes sence, even before a patch fixes the bug that causes the fake speedpoints.

Oh, by the way. I am also one of the people who are experience that speed points bug (see page 1).

Message 21 of 35 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, but the reason speedpoints aren't "deletable" from your autolog profile, is to prevent hackers from messing up your account. I think it's better to keep all those speedpoints rather than start with 0 speedpoints a new, if it really becomes *that* much of a concern, I'm sure you could pop EA an email asking them to downsize your speedpoints to such and such a value, but don't be counting on it; what's done, is done.

*Gameplay crashes are a much more severe problem as it will cause EA to lose gamers: speedpoints, not so much.

Message 22 of 35 (904 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have I contacted the "support", I'm still unsolved.
Each fought game that occurs, I gain about 500,000 sp, I already have some 18 million sp.

Very friends have abandoned me because they think I use some sort of hack, I'm getting annoyed with this too much suffer from the problem of disconnection with the game servers.

Message 23 of 35 (872 Views)

★ Novice

I'm a chinese player and I play the multiplayer of NFS MW through VPN connection. Sadly I'm experiencing the same problem as you guys on PC. My speedpoint increases everytime I restart the game. I am quite sure that no one else except me is using my Origin account because I've tried this: I quit my game and restart it from Origin immediately so there is no time for anyone to get into the game during the period when the game is not launching. But when I enter the game, I still SUFFER the strange increase of my SP. The problem/bug/glitch appeared just couple of days ago just after the recent update of the game this month. I'm really anxious about those extra SP. 

PS: I've checked my progress and found that the total number of the SP I've earned is much fewer than the one shown in my MW List. So I'm sure that there must be some problems/bugs/glitches related to the Autolog server.

I want the SP I earned but not the extra strange part.

I'd really appreciate it if NFS officials can help solve the problem.

THX

Message 24 of 35 (835 Views)

★ Novice

my speedpoints are also going up on PS3 i have like 4 million now and even tho it says my psn id in the corner it says my friend's id on the speedlist even tho he only has 800,000 sp and it shows my avatar. what do i do?

Message 25 of 35 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

and i tried deleting the game data utility and save data utility and defriending that friend but nothing worked.

Message 26 of 35 (823 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe that has not solution, I tried to do too much, and to be able to return to the game normally, bought the game again, I created a new account.

This was the only way to solve.
A disappointment.

Message 27 of 35 (814 Views)

★ Novice

yea i actually tried using another account it worked until it started glitching up today but all it did was show a different friend's avatarConfusedmileyindifferent:

Message 28 of 35 (799 Views)

★ Novice
The exact thing has started happening on my Girlfriends account. Did any of you have a persona transfer? It all started happening after trying relink Xbox Gamertag to a more recent Origin account. Unfortunately now both Xbox and Vita suffer from completely unrealistic speed points. Surely EA have some mechanism to reset Origin accounts - even if it means starting NFS. From scratch, it would be a better than playing with no sense of achievement.
Message 29 of 35 (768 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I foolishly deleted my save file in hopes that my glitched speed points would reset. No such luck. I was gaining around 500k points everytime the game started up, well, that's until I hit 50 million points for doing pretty much nothing. 

Sigh, now I have to recollect every single security gate, billboard, speed camera, and finish every single player race... again. I guess I only have myself to blame for jumping the gun on that one.

Message 30 of 35 (750 Views)