Key shift unleashed 2 not working

by filipaotur

Original Post

Shift 2 CTD When Loading Quick Races

★ Apprentice

Shift 2 is crashing to desktop when loading the "quick race".

First my career races were crashing, then I deleted the save file to start over, the result was that the first couple career races have ran so far. Then I tried an online race, and that ran as it should. Next I attempted to load a quick race, and it crashes: any quick race I attempt to load.

Maybe it's driver related, I have clean installed WHQL 344.75, I have loaded different PhysX system software including 9.10.0513, and 9.13.0604. Currently I have installed the latest 9.14.0702.

Message 331 of 392 (5,669 Views)

Shift 2 Unleashed Crashes on Loading of track

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I have been playing Shift 2 Unleashed and enjoying it until now where i have come across an annoying bug.

The problem seems to have started as i have got 42% through (Modern B - Hot Lap - Silverstone International) Career. The weird thing is i can race on any previous completed Career Race but none of the future races nor can i race in a quick race.

My specs are as follows:

i5 2500K @ 4.6Ghz

Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB

2 x 4GB Corsair Dominator Pro

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

All drivers are up to date (344.75 for GPU)

I have currently tried the following:

Reinstalling through Origin.

Installing through steam (I have a version on there)

Removing saved file and then replacing with Cloud version.

Reinstalled Physics Driver

Reinstalled Graphics Driver

Set Origin & Shift 2 as admin and Windows XP SP3 Compatibility Mode

Set as Admin on Origin & Shift 2

Run Shift 2 in windows mode, lowered all settings, turned vsync off, turned aa off

Rolled back to some previous Graphics Drivers

Running without Physics (Doesnt Run the game completely)

Setting Affinity on CPU to 1

Any ideas?

Message 332 of 392 (5,798 Views)

Re: Shift 2 Unleashed Crashes on Loading of track

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

That's exactly the bug I've troubleshooted all day. I wonder if something additional went down on the servers of this title as did a month after it was released in February 2012. I went through the same troubleshooting you did on your list.

I don't know what else to say other than what a pain because in my opinion this title still holds up as the best driving game available if the server bugs didn't exist.

This is the orignal announcment about the first server downgrade, they call an upgrade.

This was the thread I started.

I have to commend you on your thorough effort, not even knowing you I litterally did basically exactly what you did to test and troubleshoot before I started the thread, that's awesome!

What operating system do you use? I use 8.1 64-bit.

Message 333 of 392 (6,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Cause of problem: Windows Update KB3013769.

I would have never guessed any Windows update could cause an arbitrary problem such as that. Thanks to your help I knew of one more resource, recent Windows updates, I narrowed it down to a couple relevent ones, it happened to be KB3013769.

It was nice to solve that with teamwork.

This is the Windows article about that update.

Message 334 of 392 (6,162 Views)

Re: Shift 2 CTD When Loading Quick Races

★ Apprentice

With the teamwork of this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-EA-Games/Shift-2-Unleashed-Crashes-on-Loading-of-track/m-p/4112480

I resolved the bug as caused by Windows update KB3013769.

Message 335 of 392 (6,061 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Alright I don't know what happened. I got into a quick race after uninstalling a few updates including KB3013769 like I said; the crash is back though.

BUG REMAINS

Message 336 of 392 (6,144 Views)

Re: Shift 2 CTD When Loading Quick Races

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yah I don't know how quick races started working again briefly after uninstalling a few updates, but the crash is back, and still very much so odd, and unknown.

Message 337 of 392 (6,053 Views)

★ Apprentice

My last ideas, are 1.) Shift 2 is incompatible with 4GB GDDR, or I'll end up waiting until 2.) a new driver fixes it. I've created a thread on the GeForce forums already, who knows.

Message 338 of 392 (6,135 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Try repairing any C++ runtime libraries that are repairable. 

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h94/bmxjumperc/clibraries_zpsbf94694b.jpg

I repaired the four C++ runtime libraries in the picture at the above URL, some required a reboot, after the reboot I was able to load the quick races multiple times.

I have only briefly tested.

There is still one crash though: loading find friends in AutoLog will always crashes Shift 2 still.

Message 339 of 392 (6,117 Views)

Key shift unleashed 2 not working

★★★ Newbie

Just bopught a copy of Shift Unleashed 2 and that key that came with the game does not work. Tried to recover it trough origin but it instaleed the game and still no key number available. What can I do?

Message 340 of 392 (6,009 Views)