Re: Shift 2 Unleashed wont load race crashes

by Jmann770

Original Post

Shift 2 Unleashed wont load race crashes

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Game used to work fine couple of months ago but when i launched it today it crashes on the loading screen when starting a race

Message 1 of 4 (888 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

A workaround mentioned at steam forums is to disconnect your system from the internet. That worked in my case. I was having trouble running any quick race, or any career race or quick race at Willow Springs.

Message 2 of 4 (830 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope...  mine still crashes on load of first run.  Game is unusable.  i7 6700k, 2 x r7 370 in crossfire mode (8GB GDDR 5 total), and 32 GB of GSkill Ripjaws 2400, so not a limiter there.  Running Windows 10-64 bit, build 1709 (Fall Creator's Update.  Still looking for a fix.

Message 3 of 4 (594 Views)

★★ Novice

To make a long story short I got the game to run with starting error at track load, at first there were no indication of reason for closing, I was using the downloaded version from Origin, I had installed the game from a bought CD originally but origin said it was already used, but it had worked. The downloaded Origin closed at start of race loading. Origin check for errors etc did not work. So I installed the CD version again and I got an error about needing file physXLoader.dll Having a geforce card this file was not in my /NVIDIA Corporation/PhySX/common folder like it was in another computer so I copied both physXLoader.dll and physXLoader64.dll to the other computer and it worked!

Message 4 of 4 (412 Views)