Re: Shift 2 Unleashed: Password is Invalid

by WZNGT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Shift 2 Unleashed: Password is Invalid

★★★★★ Apprentice

When I tried to log in to the autolog in the game, it gives me the error Password is Invalid. I know this issue is because I had changed my password earlier. So 2 possible solutions are either I change back to my previous password which is not possible as it was only lowercase and now passwords require to have atleast one uppercase letter. The next solution is to delete the saved data and lose all the career progress made which I don't want to do as its a quite tough game and I've already completed 60% of my career.

So please if anybody else has another good solution, so please help me.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (5,571 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hi @the_milky_man,

If you get the message that your password is invalid then I'm afraid that the only thing we can do is change the password again. I suggest trying that a couple of times as it could be that you made a typo.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (6,248 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @the_milky_man,

If you get the message that your password is invalid then I'm afraid that the only thing we can do is change the password again. I suggest trying that a couple of times as it could be that you made a typo.

Message 2 of 11 (6,249 Views)

★★ Novice

Got the exactly same problem, can't change the password back because the new combination limit so that I can't go back and change the password in-game like other articles were saying... it is still annoying after years.

Message 3 of 11 (4,762 Views)

★ Guide

The situation is now worse. If you bought the Limited Edition, and decide to start with a new game or new save or any save made prior to logging in for the first time, the Limited Edition content will no longer get unlocked due to a problem with the Origin server that started about a year ago. It affects other games as well. Rather than fix the problem, Origin simply stopped selling the Limited Edition of Shift 2 Unleashed, but that means that existing players that bought the Limited Edition may no longer have access to the content they paid for, unless they backed up a save with the Limited Edition content. In my case, I also have Dr Pepper Camaro, from a promotion, and it also can no longer be unlocked.

I have a set of saves made before ever logging in, and a set of saves including the Limited Edition content made after logging in, but the password for those saves is all lower case, and apparently there's no work around. When I start the game, auto-login just displays "invalid password", and doesn't provide any option to enter a new password. This password problem appears to also be a Origin problem that started around 2012, as there were no game updates, so it's unlikely to be a game issue.

Message 4 of 11 (4,006 Views)

★★ Novice

That's not possible since the rules ofr passwords have changed, so going back to the old passwords is 100% impossible. Does that mean i can't play my game anymore, or gotta loose all my data ? What's EA going to do about that ?

Message 5 of 11 (3,912 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same problem with invalid password.
How to change it in the game?

Message 6 of 11 (3,887 Views)

★ Guide

The same problem with invalid password. How to change it in the game?

It can't be changed from within the game. This was due to a change made on the EA server back in April 2011 or earlier. It wasn't that much of an issue back then because EA hadn't change the requirements for passwords to include stuff like mixed case letters, so a player could change their EA account password to match the Shift 2 password. A few years later, EA or possibly Origin changed the password rules, without any announcement of the pending change, and now players like me that had used all lower case passwords can't change the EA account password back, so now there is no way to log in with a save that has a password that doesn't meet the new rules.

As posted earlier, the situation is now worse. If you start over with a new save, and log in, you no longer get Limited Edition content, even though you paid for that content. The loss of Limited Edition content and promotional content like the Dr Pepper Camaro occurred around March 2018. It's been about a year since this problem was reported and it is still not fixed.

Message 7 of 11 (3,883 Views)

★ Novice

Oh,this?yeah I know this.Did you know...there are three kinds of problems?Those who...(emmm...just stop that pixy)oh god did you know?this problem even still unsolved in the  middle of jun 2021?even the server of Unleashed will close down about 2.5 month later.What are you doing EA?

Message 8 of 11 (2,288 Views)

★ Novice

But in 2021,we can't change our origin password to an old password...then how can we do it?

Message 9 of 11 (2,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

As posted elsewhere, the servers will shut down August or September, 2021. You don't need to log in to use your saves for offline play, but if you want to start over with a new career, any additional content like the Limited Edition (which includes the fastest car the LP640), or the Dr Pepper Camaro promotional car, will be lost, due to a change made to the servers a few years ago, that no longer send out unlock messages for content that players paid for. There are modded files that you can download to access all the content, but you'll be buying the extra content cars with in game cash, unlike the additional content cars, which were free. In game cash isn't too difficult to earn, so it's not that big a deal, but saves made with modded files won't work with the original files.

Message 10 of 11 (2,235 Views)