Re: [PC] what are the ports to open in PC??

by yahel_1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] what are the ports to open in PC??

★ Apprentice

we can find the ports to open for PS4 and Xbox One, what are the ports that we need to forward for PC??

Message 1 of 11 (11,192 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @DJWISS83

If you can’t connect to Origin, it’s usually due to a blockage of data somewhere along the route of your Internet connection.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the Internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900
  • Server outages: Servers will sometimes just go down, whether due to maintenance or an issue. Typically an outage can last anywhere from a few minutes to days. Check the official website for the game you are trying to access, or the official game forums, and right here at help.ea.com for any information on server outages and maintenances

To see whether all the required ports are open: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

Retired champion.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (11,372 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @DJWISS83

If you can’t connect to Origin, it’s usually due to a blockage of data somewhere along the route of your Internet connection.

Some of the things that can get between Origin and the Internet can be:

• Firewalls and Internet Security Software: Make sure that you’ve added the Origin client as an exception to any Firewalls or other Internet Security Software, like Ad-Block, you may have running so that your connection to our servers isn’t blocked.
  • Your software may even have some Internet ports blocked. If so, the following are used by the Origin client and must be open for a smooth connection:
    • TCP: 80; 443; 9960-9969; 1024-1124; 3216; 18000; 18120; 18060; 27900; 28910; 29900
    • UDP: 1024-1124; 18000; 29900
  • Server outages: Servers will sometimes just go down, whether due to maintenance or an issue. Typically an outage can last anywhere from a few minutes to days. Check the official website for the game you are trying to access, or the official game forums, and right here at help.ea.com for any information on server outages and maintenances

To see whether all the required ports are open: http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-issues-with-origin/

Retired champion.
Message 2 of 11 (11,373 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply! @yahel_1
I can connect to Origin and play every game even Need for Speed, but what I want is the specific ports for Need for Speed on PC, cause I am unable to take snapshots! 
every time I take a snapshot, I got a message: Snapshot upload failed

Message 3 of 11 (11,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We'reelcome @DJWISS83

Test your network connection from a PC  http://help.ea.com/en/article/connection-troubleshooting-basic/#ns

Electronic Arts Port Forwarding Ports List  http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/publishers/Electronic_Arts.htm

Retired champion.
Message 4 of 11 (11,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You guys literally always reply with this and it’s literally never the problem..

Message 5 of 11 (2,038 Views)

★★ Guide

I think that they are following some kind of troubleshooting-guide. Altho in this case i don't see how they was "wrong". The topic asked for opening of ports, and opening of ports was given!

Message 6 of 11 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It depends on the specific services you are running on your PC and what you want to allow access to from the internet. Common ports to open include:

• HTTP (80) for web access
  • HTTPS (443) for secure web access
  • FTP (21) for file transfers
  • SMTP (25) for email sending
  • DNS (53) for domain name resolution
  • SSH (22) for secure remote access

It's important to only open necessary ports and to properly secure them to prevent security vulnerabilities...

Message 7 of 11 (2,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yea, you are right it is actually depends on services which you are running on your pc, it is also happened to me and when I do the following which you have mentioned in your post, my issue also got solved...

Message 8 of 11 (1,430 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Indeed, you're correct; it relies on the services running on your PC. I encountered a similar situation, and when I followed the steps you mentioned in your post, my problem was also resolved.

Message 9 of 11 (731 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For PC gaming, commonly forwarded ports include TCP/UDP 80, 443, 27015-27030, and 3074. Additionally, check game-specific requirements and platform-specific ports. Always refer to official documentation for accurate information.

Message 10 of 11 (684 Views)