Next NEED FOR SPEED franchise idea! NFS IV

by fe2k10

Original Post

Next NEED FOR SPEED franchise idea! NFS IV

★★★ Novice
Hello Guys,

I am writing this to share with you an idea that I have for many years.

I ask that if someone from EA read this, please take this idea to those responsible.

It's called Need for Speed IV, I know what you're thinking, "we're in the 23rd Need for Speed," but I'm talking about making an impact in the gaming industry, a direct sequel to Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit. I'm pretty sure releasing a new NFS as a direct sequel to the last game that got a number will put all the rest in parentheses and make people look at this game as something completely new.

And how would that be? Back to the roots, you know, supercars, highways, nature, police, cockpit view, no tuning, no free roam, no power ups, just racing, clean and frantic, plus being chased by an effective police.

Supercars
I love tuning a RX-7, going out into town from time to time, but year after year the series needs something fresh. Think about a list of the most wanted cars of the 80s until today, separated by classes in a menu, where you can look the car in detail, see the datasheet with information about the car (something that existed in the early NFS titles).

Highways and Nature
Do you remember what it was like to run the roads of Germany, France, Italy, the United States? It's something you can not create in an open world, just imagine a career menu with the map of the world, and roads everywhere. Think about the great German Autobahns, the icy roads of Russia, the panoramic views of Switzerland, the warmth of the Australian desert, the beauty of Big Sur in the USA, a true world tour as have not been seen since the 90s NFS titles.

Police
No futuristic technologies, weapons, power ups, pursuit breakers, only the same pursuit style we had until NFS HP2, just difficult pursuits full of collisions and tension. And you can play as a cop too!

No Tuning or Free Roam
While it's extremely fun to tune a car and do it the way you want it, sometimes I miss picking up a stock car that was already done brilliantly at the factory and just running, cutting traffic and running away from the police. Like I said about the free roam, you can even put together different biomes on the same map, but can't put different countries with different buildings, different police vehicles, different traffic, and even the way the roads are different in each country.

Cockpit View
Years and years ago the community created the idea that only simulators need cockpit view, but I say there is nothing more fun like seeing a Ferrari from inside and running off a highway while fleeing the police, is something we do not have nowadays and for sure would be something unique in the racing games industry.

No Power Ups, Just Racing
As I said, it's fun to use EMP on rivals, but it's also fun to race cleanly, where the only way to cheat is to crash into them, but you still have the option to run cleanly. Just pedal to the metal.

I'm a NFS fan who has played since NFS Porsche 2000 year after year (and of course played the previous titles), and as a true fan I have never given up on the series and I hope that my (future) children can play NFS in the future, so I hope it will work as an inspiration. NFS 2015 was a great reboot to the series, NFS Payback is a awesome game that clearly got inspired by other racing games we have in the market (wich made the game pretty good and fun to play), but please EA think about my ideia, someone visionary can show it in the EA's meeting and conferences and I'm sure many people will like it!

Good luck guys and keep up the good work!
Message 1 of 1 (332 Views)