Need for speed underground 2 remake!!

by LoneWolf18076

Original Post

Re: Need for speed underground 2 remake!!

★★★ Newbie

Following April 2020! Would love to see remaster of the game for the ps5 when it comes out!

Message 21 of 38 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@skyline0018 That's not a remaster,with change of game content will make it a different new game.The game engine BB used during mid 2000s are gone for years.Ever since Frostbite took full control of NFS it stays this way.However fake Criterion is kinda working on a new NFS game engine.It may be different from all older games in the past(takes quite a long time since they are still recruiting)
Message 22 of 38 (1,229 Views)

★ Novice

Yep, guess I had some concepts confused and what I said didn’t make much sense because of this? My wishful thinking anyway. Just really miss the old U2 engine so much that I can’t drop this new age graphics with old handling/content combination idea out of my head. If this fake Criterion is taking notes from fans, I hope they come up with something before I step into my own grave. 😂

Message 23 of 38 (1,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 Mejoraria los graficos, lo demas que quede igual, quizas agregar algun otro coche... pero lo demas igual... que sea solo un remake... que conserven todo
Message 24 of 38 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@LoneWolf18076 Muy interesado
Message 25 of 38 (872 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I hope they can some how pull this off.

Now with the release of Hot Pursuit 2010 remastered, if it does well, maybe they'll look into the older games. 

Also, Toyota and Mitsubishi decided to play ball with Forza Horizon 4, so maybe they'd be open to getting some money from some older NFS games. 

For now, I just want them to put out a raytracing update for the Series X, PS5, and PC for this HP2010 Remaster.  That would be so awesome. 

Message 26 of 38 (795 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@CamaroKiller97 Again,HP2010 was remastered because of Renderware/Chameleon engine.Blackbox games used EAGL and older Distinctive games used older engine.Since both of them wont return as a main engine and Stellar had no experience with them.Games used these engines wont be remastered.
Message 27 of 38 (711 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA just needs to redo the game with updated graphics.  It's been so long since the original NFS U2 came out, they would easily sell this game to a new generation of gamers and have us old-timers buying it for nostalgia's sake.  I loved that game and played the heck out of it.  They have never quite captured the fun and charm of that game since.  I've tried some of the other NFS games along the way but they've mostly left me wanting to play Underground 2 instead. 

Message 28 of 38 (685 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kristvoiles First EA need devs with EAGL experience to work on old game.Also Blackbox is shut down back in 2015(2012-15 as Quicklime) so both devs and engine are dropped for now.Finally a Remaster of UG2 requires licenses to same contents.Which means EA need to get Lexus/Toyota and OST licenses which are hard to get now.
Message 29 of 38 (662 Views)

@GK3512 wrote:
Also Blackbox is shut down back in 2015(2012-15 as Quicklime)

Just a small correction.

Black Box was shut down back in 2013. (2012 - 2013 as Quicklime Games for NFS World)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 38 (657 Views)