Re: Need for speed underground 2 remake!!

by GK3512

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@TheRealJony But World was shut down in 2015 when NFS2015 launched as an online only game. Not 2013,so Quicklime name was used during 2012-15.
Message 31 of 38 (786 Views)

@GK3512 wrote:
But World was shut down in 2015 when NFS2015 launched as an online only game. Not 2013,so Quicklime name was used during 2012-15.

Yea, NFS World did get permanently shut down on July 14, 2015. That's right.

But this was just the game by itself. The developers of the game (Black Box / QuickLime Games) got shut down on April 25, 2013.

After QuickLime Games got shut down, the responsibility of the game transferred to Easy Studios (the devs of Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free) and then transferred again to a "Vancouver Task Force" that consisted of both old Black Box / QuickLime Games devs and new devs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 32 of 38 (771 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Tom,

I don't know if you actually reading this but if you guys will be planing to make NFS U2 remaster based on NFS 2015 graphics let me know so I can instantly buy stocks of EA games for all my money. 

Bohdan

Message 33 of 38 (724 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@JingrenHost First a Remastered game is only a game with enhanced graphics and full DLC/updates contents.If a game gets remastered,the gameplay and engine wont be changed.So a Remastered UG2 requires EA find people working on long gone EAGL engine from over a decade ago.I highly doubt it's possible since FB engine is what EA is only using now.
Message 34 of 38 (692 Views)

★★ Novice

@GK3512 wrote:
@JingrenHostFirst a Remastered game is only a game with enhanced graphics and full DLC/updates contents.If a game gets remastered,the gameplay and engine wont be changed.So a Remastered UG2 requires EA find people working on long gone EAGL engine from over a decade ago.I highly doubt it's possible since FB engine is what EA is only using now.

I am not saying about remaking a game on an old engine, this wouldn't make any sense (the difference won't be that big). I am saying about creating a game based on the old NFSU2. This is almost like creating a game from the scratch, but if you have licenses for those cars and done a lot of 3D assets/ and have a ready engine, in my opinion, it's 30% of work already done. If you will have some problems with licenses that you can't work with these days don't include related content - people will understand. You even don't need to make animated characters, people will be happy even with comics-style to keep it as it has been in the original game.
I am working in the game industry I know risks and how much effort it cost, but in my opinion, worth it!

FYI just take a look at how Black Forrest Games handled remaster for Destroy All Humans, this company even is not AAA+

Cheers,
Bohdan

Message 35 of 38 (689 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@JingrenHost There were 2 game became UG3 one way or another-Carbon from 2006(which is a Black Box game) and NFS2015 reboot(which is inspired by Underground and Carbon according to EA during E3 2015 presentation)So if you want a new game based on UG/UG2 then NFS2015 is the one did so.Also to be more blunt with the UG connection they even brought back Eastsider R34 and Eddie as a DLC character.
Message 36 of 38 (663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, if you want to download NFS 2 game without wasting any time click here. and simply download this and install this.

Message 37 of 38 (351 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 38 of 38 (349 Views)