Re: Need for speed underground 2 remake!!

by joemore444

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I've been dying for a remake of Underground for years!! The cars, the maps, the nostalgia!! I don't buy many games, but a remake would definitely top my list!! Really, an update to the graphics and engine is all this game would really need. But, I wouldn't be opposed to some updated cars. Maybe even a classic mode with all original cars and an updated version...?  As long as it all centers around "old-school' tuner street racing, that's mostly all we're worried about. PLEASE, EA, make this happen!!

Message 11 of 38 (2,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Tom, in response to what I loved so much about the game, it was literally everything about it. From the customisation, the handling of the cars to unlocking new areas in the city, this game had every aspect nailed. This is my all time favourite game and would give my right arm for a remastered version. If you look online on places like YouTube, you still see there is a HUGE community that still uploads content around this game, so the replay ability is definitely there. To make it better I would stick to its roots rather than add complications, to do this I would like to see updated graphics, new game modes potentially and maybe even a custom mode where you can make your own races. Bur apart from that I believe that if the game was simply updated in graphics and sold on the latest consoles and released on origin for pc, millions would fall in love with the game again, and it would see many new players too. I hope that this thread establishes more than just a glance and that the devs at EA such as yourself see the potential in a remaster of nfsu2. It was the very start of my passion for gaming and hope to see a remaster done some day.

Message 12 of 38 (2,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bump

I would pre-order the crap out of a remastered NFS Underground 2. Collectors edition and all.

Message 13 of 38 (2,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Keep the game the same just update the graphics add trophies just remastered for the PS4 

Message 14 of 38 (2,395 Views)

★ Novice

It Definitely would I dont know why EA are only considering this as it's a no brainer like you said improve the graphics to state of the art and some newer models of the cars in game but leave the super/hypercars out I like them but I feel they ruined the games. Also expand the map and have a hidden storyline after the current underground story like in between nfsu2 and MW 2005 to give us a insight why it changed 

Message 15 of 38 (2,230 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Crazyryan93 Toyota license prohibition is a problem of Black Box NFS remaster
Message 16 of 38 (2,206 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if this post is still active or being monitored by admin. But I love NFSU2 so much I have to leave a comment here. I love NFSU2, not just because of the style and story. but more because of the cars and the driving experience.

I like the way the cars handled and responded in NFSU2. Braking, weight transfer, handbrake, lift-off, there are much more than one way of making the car turn. It was somewhat realistic yet not being excessively challenging. It was entertaining. Cars felt agile and controllable, it felt like I was in control of the car, and I could drive the car the way I wanted to, I also love the fact that in the U2, tuning actually made a difference to how the car handled and responded. This add another layer to the depth of game play. The driving mechanism in NFSU2 has way more depth than just "looking cool" (i.e. easy drifting through every single corner), it brought joy to me just driving cars in the game, which IMH is what racing games should be. Through all of NFS games I've played, the handling or car control of the U2 was by far my favourite and IMH the best. This brings me to my problem with recent NFS games - the car handling felt mono-toned, and all cars felt the same. They felt like bricks that can drift. The car control part is too easy and very soon it gets boring. The customisation part of recent NFS games, notably the Heat, certainly took a BIG step over the U2, but I can't help thinking what a GREAT game the Heat would be if it has a car handling trait or mechanism like the U2.

The career progress is also perfectly judged. It's challenging enough without being overly difficult, and the progress is rewarding. Through the at least 10 time I've went through the game, never once did I feel that the career mode was boring, even in the context of much richer storylines of modern NFS games. 

So please, EA, PLEASE bring back NFSU2, or the driving feel/experience of NFSU2. Or at the very least a new age video remaster will suffice. I miss the feel of the car control in NFSU2 so much that when I have time, I still go play the game just to free roam and feel the car. EA, I'm begging you.

Message 17 of 38 (2,123 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I would like to see this as well. Actually been wanting this since developers started remaking games. The one thing I would like to see though is a separate online multiplayer with the free roam and where you can go to races.

Message 18 of 38 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@kayaker1994 Realistically speaking non of NFS games can be remastered from previous gens.NFS needs license to cars from car companies.Toyota is still not opening the license to EA,so most Blackbox games arent possible.Ferrari may quit and other small companies in 90s may went to the grave.So not for classic era 90s NFS.The only one without Lexus/Toyota and Ferrari modern NFS was HP2010 from a decade ago.Other games will be banned for license prohibition.
Message 19 of 38 (1,906 Views)

★ Novice

I get it that remaster of older NFS games would be a problem due to licensing issues. Maybe doesn’t have to be the remaster of the exact game. I mean would it be too much to ask to, say, remake NFSU2 with a few different cars to the original, and use the same recipe (physics, story, career mode progression, level of customisation and maybe the same open world map) of the old game. Like I said I my previous comment, what I miss the most is the physics and the driving experience/control feel of the NFSU2.

Message 20 of 38 (1,890 Views)