Re: Need for speed shift - connect to license server

by reece394

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for speed shift - connect to license server

★ Novice

Good evening, I have a problem with NFS Shift, I activated the key and chose Czech localization, then I installed and started the game, but I got important from the right, there was a problem connecting to the license servers. I restarted the computer and Origin and still this one from the right. Can you give me some advice?

Message 1 of 12 (10,541 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been working on this issue and the solution is to use the paul.dll and winui.dll files from Medal of Honor 2010 and replace the files in Need For Speed Shift with them. The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Medal of Honor\Binaries. And you put them in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need For Speed Shift folder. Backup the paul.dll and winui.dll from Need For Speed Shift before doing this! I have attached the files directly from my Medal of Honor installation if you do not own it. EA really needs to roll the fix out to their old games. It would take them no time at all. @AHQ_Official , @EA_Barry  Could you please refer this to the relevant department to fix it. Many games are affected not just this one.

View in thread

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 12 (10,437 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have been working on this issue and the solution is to use the paul.dll and winui.dll files from Medal of Honor 2010 and replace the files in Need For Speed Shift with them. The files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Medal of Honor\Binaries. And you put them in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need For Speed Shift folder. Backup the paul.dll and winui.dll from Need For Speed Shift before doing this! I have attached the files directly from my Medal of Honor installation if you do not own it. EA really needs to roll the fix out to their old games. It would take them no time at all. @AHQ_Official , @EA_Barry  Could you please refer this to the relevant department to fix it. Many games are affected not just this one.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 2 of 12 (10,438 Views)

★★★ Novice

Works for me thank you Party hat

Message 3 of 12 (10,243 Views)

★ Novice

Doesn't work for me 

Message 4 of 12 (9,827 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Doesn't work for me either.

The game starts, however then it switches to the lowest possible resolution, and after selecting a profile - gets stuck.

Message 5 of 12 (9,650 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@reece394 Thank you very much! It worked for me
Message 6 of 12 (8,695 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what if i dont have this other game,,medal of honor,,,

need to instal this to have nfs, nonsense... thank you for you help but it is only for these who have the other game

Message 7 of 12 (8,671 Views)

★ Novice

So I speak with  EA chat. They said, the game is officially unsupported. 

They suggest to get contact with Steam, and ask for a refund. Here is a part of our chat:

(2019. 12. 29. 13:52:26): I have checked this for you and would like to tell you that NFS shift is already sunset and is no longer supported. That's why you are getting this error and it won't get online as it is no longer supported.
(2019. 12. 29. 13:52:44): I had a hunch about that
(2019. 12. 29. 13:52:55): Can I get a refund maybe?
(2019. 12. 29. 13:53:29): I bought it via Steam, and they suggested that I may contact with the EA
(2019. 12. 29. 13:54:10): I suggest you contact steam support as you have purchased the game from steam and asked for the refund and tell them as it is unsupported them you want the refund.
(2019. 12. 29. 13:54:53): all right. Can I use a screenshot of our chat?
(2019. 12. 29. 13:56:27): Sure, You can do that you can also save the chat above the chat box there should be short email icon the chat transcript would be sent to your email after that.

Message 8 of 12 (8,509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why would they let us activate and download the game if it's not supported?  It's asinine. 

Message 9 of 12 (6,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreemkrackered It doesn´t work but then I replaced only the winui.dll and it worked, try it too
Message 10 of 12 (5,269 Views)