Re: Need for speed Undercover crashing after choosing profile

by reece394

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for speed Undercover crashing after choosing profile

★★ Novice

Hello, I just bought Need for speed Undercover but its not working... First I couldnt start the game because of "There seems to be a problem contacting the license server." but I resolved this problem, but now when the game starts I am only able to create profile/choose my created profil and after that there is loading where the game crashes. I have fresh windows installed with latest updates and drivers. I tried too check google for solutions but nothing helped. Thx for any advice.

Message 1 of 7 (5,217 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Nope you have to do it that way. Trust me I diagnosed the issue trying all sorts including setting core affinity and the only way it works is if you completely disable the CPU cores. With modern computers and SSDs it is a minor inconvenience as it takes less than 30 seconds at least for me to apply those settings and reboot. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (5,126 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

This game doesn't work on origin since very long time now and EA doesn't care. You should refund asap. Steam version works well.

Message 2 of 7 (5,167 Views)

★★ Novice

Well problem is that I traded my origin key from a friend and who knows where did he get it. Like the price is not bothering me (it costed me like 2,50€) but I rly wanted to play it (I was playing it years ago when it was new but I sold my DvD version so I wanted to buy it again). Shame that it can not be fixed. Looks like I wont be buying any more games from origin if their support for older games is like this :/

Message 3 of 7 (5,163 Views)

★ Apprentice

Try this fix. If you have more than a 4 core processor with hyperthreading the Origin version of the game crashes. To bypass this issue for now go to the start menu and type in MSCONFIG.EXE and a System Configuration window should appear go to the second tab called boot and select advanced options. Then you should see Number of Processors. Check that box and select 8 (If this does not work try again with 4) and restart and try launching it. It worked for me! To reverse the changes follow all the above apart from when you get to number of processors uncheck the box and restart or else you won't get your full computers performance. Hopefully it works for you

Message 4 of 7 (5,140 Views)

★★ Novice

That might work but restarting PC everytime I want to play NFS or something else after :D What about som simple bat file to set cpu affinity for 4 cores directly for NFS.exe? Will it work?

Message 5 of 7 (5,136 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nope you have to do it that way. Trust me I diagnosed the issue trying all sorts including setting core affinity and the only way it works is if you completely disable the CPU cores. With modern computers and SSDs it is a minor inconvenience as it takes less than 30 seconds at least for me to apply those settings and reboot. 

Message 6 of 7 (5,127 Views)

★★ Novice

Okey I tested it and didnt work :D Okey thank you for your work on this issue Standard smile I will use your methode to play. Thank you again Standard smile

Message 7 of 7 (5,114 Views)