Re: Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed - Can't Connect to Autolog (PS3)

by xSandMan560x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed - Can't Connect to Autolog (PS3)

★★ Novice

Hello. I'm a few years late to the party. I have a PS3 and a copy of the game which I have never played up untill now, which happens to be Limited Edition. In order to activate the code, It appears that I need to be signed in. I haven't worked before with any EA games and I any help is appreciated. =)

One extra detail: my PSN account is Bulgarian, but the copy was a gift from a friend, bought from England. Does that matter?

Message 1 of 9 (4,629 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@xSandMan560x

Codes and DLC are region locked so an English code won't work on your Bulgarian account.

However, if you would like your account to be reviewed by a dedicated EA Advisor then please contact them via EA Help:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (5,459 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hi @xSandMan560x,

Are you able to play the game itself without issues?

Do take into account that while PS3 games are not region locked, the DLC is. This means that you might not be able to redeem certain codes or install DLC if these games were purchased from another region. For example: a UK code would only be able to be used on a UK account.

You should still be able to connect to autolog, however. If you continue to experience connection issues then I would recommend to review the following troubleshooting articles:

Message 2 of 9 (4,594 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes, my game runs just fine and I have a reliable connection to the console. My game is up-to-date and I tried completely clearing out the save game and the data as well, which didn't help either. I will try disabling the media server connection next, I also have a copy of NFS: The Run, which I use to test if I can connect to autolog.

Edit: NFS: The Run connected to Autolog and I was greeted by the registration screen. Seems like the issue is only limited to S2:Unleashed. Disabled the media server connection too, but nothing.

Message 3 of 9 (4,581 Views)

★★ Novice

Bump, I'm not interested in online play, I just want to redeem my LE code.

Message 4 of 9 (4,552 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xSandMan560x

Codes and DLC are region locked so an English code won't work on your Bulgarian account.

However, if you would like your account to be reviewed by a dedicated EA Advisor then please contact them via EA Help:

Start with selecting your country of residence to setup your contact. If your country isn't listed you should select either United States or United Kingdom.

Country.PNG

Now follow the numbered steps as shown in the picture. If you are unable to login you will also be able to create an anonymous case at this point.

Login.PNG

• The final page doesn't load? press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page or try another browser.
  • You get no contact options? you are most likely trying to contact the selected channel outside of operating hours.
  • Your country has no phone number? use a voIP program such as Skype to contact our UK channel via +44 203 0141818.

Message 5 of 9 (5,460 Views)

★★ Novice

If that's the case, I will just create a new, UK based account, that's not a big deal to me, however there is still the issue where I'm not being able to connect to autolog on NFS:S2U. I have done all the troubleshooting above, but nothing helped, but I'm able to connect on NFS:The Run.

Message 6 of 9 (4,526 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xSandMan560x

I double-checked for you and I can see that the servers are online with players currently in-game.

Please try connecting on your UK account as well, but if that doesn't work then I would advise to reach out to your internet provider to see if the ports are blocked from their side.

The following ports need to be open on the network:

• TCP: 5223
  • UDP: 5223, 3478, 3479, 3658

Message 7 of 9 (4,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I did a double check on both accounts, alas the issue persists on both. I also decided to try to connect both via Wi-Fi and an ethernet cable, both had the same result. I'll get around on checking the ports.

Edit: Bulgarian ISPs greedy and usually hook up the entire street on a single modem. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

Message 8 of 9 (4,509 Views)

EA DICE Team

@xSandMan560x

Your internet provider could definitely have something to do with it. I would still recommend to reach out to an EA Advisor as well as they might be able to take you through some further steps.

Message 9 of 9 (4,501 Views)