Need for Speed: ProStreet

by LocoCabasa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed: ProStreet

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was playing Need for Speed ProStreet, but now it will not launch. It says upgrade to Windows 98SE! I am using Windows 10. I have tried compatibility troubleshooter, repairing the install, uninstalling and reinstalling, and nothing works. It worked before. The usual game glitch preventing me from continuing after winning a drag and drift race happened. I restarted the game, and now it suddenly is not compatible.

Message 1 of 2 (352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed: ProStreet

EA DICE Team

Hi @LocoCabasa,

Need For Speed: ProStreet is not officially compatible with Windows 10. I cannot guarantee you that we will get it working, but there are some steps you can try:

• Locate and download the game and save it on the desktop, it is possible that you will be doing this through Origin otherwise try the files from the disc
  • Press Windows + W on your keyboard
  • In the Start Search box, type compatibility and press Enter
  • From the list of options displayed in left, select “Run programs/applications made for previous Windows versions”
  • Select Need for Speed Pro game or Origin, and then try install it again

If you do not have the Origin version, please contact a Game Advisor to make sure you will get a digital download version of your game.

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (375 Views)

All Replies

Re: Need for Speed: ProStreet

EA DICE Team

Hi @LocoCabasa,

Need For Speed: ProStreet is not officially compatible with Windows 10. I cannot guarantee you that we will get it working, but there are some steps you can try:

• Locate and download the game and save it on the desktop, it is possible that you will be doing this through Origin otherwise try the files from the disc
  • Press Windows + W on your keyboard
  • In the Start Search box, type compatibility and press Enter
  • From the list of options displayed in left, select “Run programs/applications made for previous Windows versions”
  • Select Need for Speed Pro game or Origin, and then try install it again

If you do not have the Origin version, please contact a Game Advisor to make sure you will get a digital download version of your game.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 2 (376 Views)