Re: Can't activate Need For Speed Prostreet on Origin

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed: ProStreet

★ Novice

Hi,

exactly the same problem here. Just bought the game and after instalation it says I need to activate the game and when I fill my detail and try to activate I get error message that connection has failed and I should try later. Has anybody a solution as I was going through the EA forums and haven´t found anything

really :-(

Message 231 of 367 (2,485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've contacted the customer support about this issue, since I've bought the game less than a year ago on 30.11.2013 and I've just installed it 4 days ago, getting the upmentioned message every time I've tried running it. The customer support representative told me he can't issue a refund, since I've bought the game "too long ago", and he pointed me to this link: http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates where it says:

Previously Shut Down Online Service
*Need for Speed ProStreet for PC and PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

If this means I won't be able to play the game online - okay, it's an old game, however I'm not okay for not being able to play offline, so I see 2 options:

1. they remove this activation requirement

or

2. refund everyone affected by this problem, or I personally will file a law suit - I'm not okay paying just to have a pretty picture in my Origin Games Library of a game I've paid for and can't play!

Message 232 of 367 (2,474 Views)

Message 232 of 367 (1,798 Views)

NFS Pro Street DLC question.

★★★ Newbie

I have been looking all over for the Need for Speed Pro Street DLC for PC. I've been so in love with this game and recently found out that this game had DLC on Playstation 3. I do not own the game for Playstation and play it on my PC. I've been wondering if there is any way to get this DLC for PC. If not I'm going to rock out all of the DLC on the PS3 version Standard smile

Message 234 of 367 (2,460 Views)

*Repost* NFS Por Street ran just perfectly on windows 8, but all of a sudden...

★★ Novice

I was able to run and play NFS Pro Street perfectly, but without any reason, it just stopped working, because I now get a error saying "This program is not compatibel with the installed operating system. Perform an upgrade to windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or higher." Funny because I am running a OS higher than Windows 2000. I've tried looking for a solution all over the internet, but all I get as an answer is that I have to run it in compatibility mode, which I tried, but I kept getting the damn error.... The exact same error.... Or that I have to install it in compatibility mode, that might work. But why would I have to reinstall it in compatibility mode, while it ran just fine before, even without compatibilty mode.... I haven't changed anything in the settings meanwhile.

Message 235 of 367 (2,462 Views)

Re: *Repost* NFS Por Street ran just perfectly on windows 8, but all of a sudden

Community Manager

@BrontoKeeper wrote:

I was able to run and play NFS Pro Street perfectly, but without any reason, it just stopped working, because I now get a error saying "This program is not compatibel with the installed operating system. Perform an upgrade to windows 98SE, Windows 2000 or higher." Funny because I am running a OS higher than Windows 2000. I've tried looking for a solution all over the internet, but all I get as an answer is that I have to run it in compatibility mode, which I tried, but I kept getting the damn error.... The exact same error.... Or that I have to install it in compatibility mode, that might work. But why would I have to reinstall it in compatibility mode, while it ran just fine before, even without compatibilty mode.... I haven't changed anything in the settings meanwhile.

@BrontoKeeper Hi,

What operating system do you have? What did you set the compatibility mode to? Are you starting the game as administrator?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 236 of 367 (2,605 Views)

Re: *Repost* NFS Por Street ran just perfectly on windows 8, but all of a sudden

★★ Novice
I am running Windows 8 (64 bit), I set compatibility mode to xp (automatic), I've also run it as a administrator. I seriously don't know what could be it...
Message 237 of 367 (2,507 Views)

Need for Speed Pro Street

★ Novice
  • Hello today buy nfs pro street, download it install it, the first race I played all right. then play the next race I win and when it shows you the statistics and gives silver leaves me more to continue. I minimize the game and the other game window says: "nfs pro street pc dns has not yet resolved for master7.evenbalance.com"

Not to do. Buy the game today and already has a bug. Not think that such a reputable company like EA. I hope your help soon. Thank you!
Message 238 of 367 (2,490 Views)

Need for Speed Pro Street stuck at finish screen

★★★ Novice

whenever i finish event i got stuck at the finish screen  the mouse and enter key won't work. When this happens i would see things like "Attemptingto resolve master3.evenbalance.com" "DNS resolution failed using 0 cached hostnamed resolution" "no master query sent" and more. what is this? I didnt pay and spend a whole day download to see things like this, i want to play the game and this problem has prevented me from doing so

Message 239 of 367 (2,471 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi Nils,

i have the same problem but i bought it through Origin few days back and it gives me the same error right after install and first start.

running w8.1 x64, tried compatibility setting through comp. troubleshooter. no luck.

Message 240 of 367 (2,188 Views)