Re: Can not play Need For Speed Pro Street single player

by maddwilza

Original Post

Re: The screen name you entered appears to be invalid

Anonymous

Hi,

Please contact a game advisor to assist you.

To contact a game advisor, go to

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ask

* Fill in "account" in the search bar
* hit find solutions
* Then select product in the first selecting bar, account management in the second and select your platform in the last bar.
* Hit find solutions.

Now you will be given multiple solutions to your problem. To contact support you need to click "I still need help".

Message 101 of 367 (7,140 Views)

Need for Speed: Pro Street' Can't verify ownership?!?!

★★ Novice

I used to own a disc for this game. Bought it when it first came out. Seeing as I lost the disc many moons ago, I decided to buy Need for Speed: Pro Street the other day off of Origin for the nostalgia. Aaannd I'm slowly beginning to think that the $10 went down the drain. 

Whenever I try to start it, the black window comes up, then another window comes up asking for me to sign into my EA account to activate the game onto my computer. I put in my Origin email and password. Then it errors out stating "The game cannot start; In order to launch this game, please login to the EA Download Manager to verify your ownership, then try again."

I tried the pogo.com account thing. I tried a couple of other things to see if I could get it to work. I'm feeling like I'm losing an uphill battle. I just want to play this game! I'm not worried about online support or multiplayer. I just want this game to work! 

Please help!

Message 102 of 367 (7,135 Views)

NFS Prostreet change language

★★ Novice

Ok, nfs prostreet is not even in the list of products...promising...

I live in italy but speak english and only want to play games in original language.

Upon buying this game no language option was given and even if my account and client are setup for english language, this game does not offer any option other then italian french and german.

Also I saw on internet a fix for this by modifing the regestry for the game, but it doesn't appear to work on windows 7.

please help me I want to play the game but can't in this condition.

Message 103 of 367 (7,216 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Pro Street' Can't verify ownership?!?!

★★ Novice

if you have a dual disk system (ssd+hdd or something else), you need to create a folder named Origin Games in the Program Files (x86) on your system disk.

It  did it for me, try it out and let me know!

Message 104 of 367 (7,231 Views)

I can't download booster pack for my digital copy of NFS Pro street

★★★ Newbie

I can't download booster pack for my digital copy of NFS Pro street

Message 105 of 367 (7,259 Views)

EA download manager error for Need for Speed ProStreet

★★★ Newbie

When trying to launch Need for Street ProStreet through Origins or from the desktop shortcut, I receive a pop-up asking to login with my EA account. After entering my Origin account information I receive an error with, "This game cannot start" and "In order to launch this game, please login to the EA download manager to verify your ownership, then try again." 

After following the listed intructions on your help page I am still unable to start my game. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 106 of 367 (7,260 Views)

Re: EA download manager error for Need for Speed ProStreet

Community Manager

@tori08 wrote:

When trying to launch Need for Street ProStreet through Origins or from the desktop shortcut, I receive a pop-up asking to login with my EA account. After entering my Origin account information I receive an error with, "This game cannot start" and "In order to launch this game, please login to the EA download manager to verify your ownership, then try again." 

After following the listed intructions on your help page I am still unable to start my game. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you use the tool here and see if you can redeem your code: https://activate.ea.com/activategame.do

If you have no luck with this, please contact support, they will be able to assist you further.

Message 107 of 367 (7,250 Views)

Re: code not registration.

★★ Novice

You can add it to your Origin account at this site: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

I bought the same collection Amazon and had the same issue.

Before you get too excited, the game won't "activate" and that's how I found this thread Frown

EA, why are you selling this game if all of these roadblocks are put in place to get it working?

Message 108 of 367 (7,516 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can not play Need For Speed Pro Street single player

★★★ Newbie

I found this fix after 5 hours of searching it helped me http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8978758.page

Message 109 of 367 (24,842 Views)

Need for Speed: ProStreet

★ Novice

Why am I able to even purchase this game if we can not play it anymore?

I try to launch this game through Origin (having purchased and downloaded it through there) but it says "Unable to connect to EA servers." 

I don't understand, I just want to play a game on single player mode in my computer. I paid money for it. 

Any suggestions? Searching on the forums reveals nothing. 

(There seems to be a nice torrent of the game .. wonder why I even bothered with Origin in the first place!) 

Message 110 of 367 (7,472 Views)