Need for Speed Pro Street Continue Button stop working

by p4dev

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Pro Street Continue Button stop working

★★★ Newbie
I'm pretty sure that bug is there so that you don't cheat. I've realized that if you take a practice run every time before a race and also play with auto save off there's a smaller chance for that bug to appear
Message 21 of 43 (11,184 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got the boxed copy of the game, tried with or without crack, tired the renaming, disabling mouse, autosave on and off and nothing... now i've seen this punkbuster "trick", worked for 2 or 3 race days, then the freeze came again.... what the hell is with this game? I even bought a dvd drive after all and tried if the original disc's absence is the problem.. but no.... anyone had figured out what's wrong with the game? I tought that i'll test it in VirtualBox with windows XP.... i'll definitely try that out, will post the result here! cheers....

specs:
Windows 10
Asus Z97K
Intel Core i5-4460
16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz
Asus Strix GTX970

Message 22 of 43 (10,425 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you can find out how to get past this bug, please tell me and post the answer here. This is one of my favorite NFS games and I hate that I can't play it due to a stupid bug.

Message 23 of 43 (10,369 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't tried it just yet, but I'm wondering if having any other NFS/EA games installed has anything to due with this. I've cleared out my registry and deleted the game and reinstalled, but still same problem. Renaming the exe and turning off the mouse kinda worked for me but it happened again. I thought it was because I had 2 mice plugged in, and so i turned off one and had some success, but then it crashed again. At this point I'm not sure if it's my cpu/gpu overheating or just the game being stupid. I am using a keyboard to play, I'm wondering if using a controller, then disabling your mouse/kb when the game starts will work. I also have a problem where the game doesn't remember my video card settings, and sets me to 800x600 (Im on a gtx650). I've disabled PB and everything, this game just has some major issues I guess. I ran it as administrator as well as it kinda works, but crashes. I'm clueless to what could be the fix for all of this.

Message 24 of 43 (10,026 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm barly sure renaming the nfs.exe file to "whatever you want".exe seems to work.

I've seen on another discussion a very interesting thing :

On a Nvidia/Intel graphics card, nfs.exe is registered as a game to run with specific compatibilty option; once you renamed, drivers are incapable to recognize the exe ==> launching to normal settings.

Let me know if it works Standard smile

EDIT : The game remembers setting when it works correctly

Message 25 of 43 (9,938 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey. Renaming the exe file seems to work. However, for some reason, the option to turn on anti aliasing is always set to off after renaming it, and there's no options like x2, x4 or x8 like there used to be. Renaming it back to nfs.exe brought those options back.

Message 26 of 43 (9,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok I know this is an old post and I've seen lots of people say try this or that! well first off the patches they do not work neither us or eur tried both they both keep crashing the game! Tried the disable punkbuster thing no help! Tried renaming the .exe file it helped for a bit but it keeps going back every few races or so to cant continue cause the game freezes! until a new resolution is figured out all these are pretty much failure! I am running windows 10 tried under compatibility mode for xp, 7, and vista also no go!  

Message 27 of 43 (9,092 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do agree. I was really enjoying this game a lot more than I expected when I first bought it and I figured it will be one of my favorite racing games, but the bug is not making it happen for me.

Message 28 of 43 (9,080 Views)

★ Novice

I fixed the continue button, by running simpleprogramdebugger in administrator. Continue button now works for me,but,

Now I cant see the people when waiting and chosing race you know the environment, or when I was doing 2nd Showdown I couldnt see Ryo or anyone else!

Do anyone have fix, and I know that Im  late!

Message 29 of 43 (6,984 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Considering how badly broken the PC version is, I decided to give up and buy the 360 version. Its only issues are framerate changes and your car's backlights not lighting up sometimes when braking, but at least I can fully play the game now, plus DLCs for that version are still available.

Message 30 of 43 (6,964 Views)