Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed

by null

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed

[ Edited ]
★ Newbie

Hi all,

I would really like to install and play this old game (Need For Speed  PORSCHE UNLEASHED) on my new laptop computer running windows 8. Can anyone help me with thisPLEASE?!?

Dave

Message 1 of 14 (44,595 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Porsche Unleashed ??? and Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

well... I should have done that to begin with lol.... ok here it goes... Simple fix... Apparently there is a bug on the Normandy Track... it has to do with the Sky files. which makes a lot of sense because now that I tried the race again the sky does in fact become visible exactly where the game crashes. so I'm gonna put a link in here for you and follow it and let me know... No I have not tried it yet myself but I'm going to right after I make the post to you because I'm 99.9% sure that this is the issue that I'm personally running into.

http://www.freewebs.com/dlyserg/

some people have used the method here... others have literally just turned off the rearview mirror!.. pretty basic fix if you ask me and I tried the rearview Mirror first.. turning it off worked just finished the Normandy Race.

This link has the info about turning off the Rearview Mirror   http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/352/t751804-normandie-crash-fix/

Hope you can get the game to run Standard smile

Serenity

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (49,573 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@null wrote:

Hi all,

I would really like to install and play this old game (Need For Speed  PORSCHE UNLEASHED) on my new laptop computer running windows 8. Can anyone help me with thisPLEASE?!?

Dave

Well I actually Just got the game working on my windows 8 laptop today!... After I installed it I found out that it didn't want to run. So I right clicked on the EXE file and went to properties.

Went to the Compatibility tab and selected "Run this program in compatibility mode for:

Windows XP (service Pack 2)

The game ran fine and I was playing it through evolution mode did the first 2 races a few times with an Xbox controller! Then I decided that the game was running well I went to go to the next tournament. Which is A level tournament. started the first Race and within Seconds the game stopped working right and I got the message "NSF Porsche Unleashed.EXE stopped working" then it asked me to close it. So I'm not sure if it works on a different compatibility setting but I'm going to mess around with it a little bit and I will post another reply if I find the solution.

Serenity

Message 2 of 14 (44,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I have been messing with the Compatibility settings and I don't have good news.. as I can't figure it out... Yet. When I ran into this problem earlier I actually Uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it. However that didn't work so I went for the more.. uh... "Downloaded" approach. I got a "portable" version of the game. However the problem still happened. The only cool part to this is that there was a readme file in with the portable version.. there were issues mentioned for

Nvidia (which I have)

as well as a ton of other things that just don't work with newer equipment. I really love this game and I'm not giving up on getting it to work... I just have to do research on what issues might be happening. oh btw Please let me know if you can get the compatibility setting to work the way I told you in my other post... I need to know if the game has the "crash" in the same spot as mine did. when you start the 356 A tournament it's the first Race which is Normandy. You will start to Race and the road goes slightly left then slightly right.. that slight right is where the Crash happens and it's basically right next to the Road sign that is on the right hand side of the road. If you get it to work and there is no crash for you let me know... but if it's a crash that happens in the same spot as mine... I do not know if it can be fixed Frown but I won't give up on trying... at least for a while anyways. please let me know.

Serenity

Message 3 of 14 (44,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well... I should have done that to begin with lol.... ok here it goes... Simple fix... Apparently there is a bug on the Normandy Track... it has to do with the Sky files. which makes a lot of sense because now that I tried the race again the sky does in fact become visible exactly where the game crashes. so I'm gonna put a link in here for you and follow it and let me know... No I have not tried it yet myself but I'm going to right after I make the post to you because I'm 99.9% sure that this is the issue that I'm personally running into.

http://www.freewebs.com/dlyserg/

some people have used the method here... others have literally just turned off the rearview mirror!.. pretty basic fix if you ask me and I tried the rearview Mirror first.. turning it off worked just finished the Normandy Race.

This link has the info about turning off the Rearview Mirror   http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/352/t751804-normandie-crash-fix/

Hope you can get the game to run Standard smile

Serenity

Message 4 of 14 (49,574 Views)

Re: Need for Speed: Porsche Unleashed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I neither can run this game under Windows 8. My ultrabook has even two graphics, one is intel HD4000, the other one is Radeon 8750M. The game menu will run, but after loading the track I keep getting the following error massage;

Click here to see!

What can I do? Please give solution for this problem, because I cannot exist without this game. It is the best ever made car racing simulator game...

Ui,, I have tried windows XP SP2 compability mod.

Message 5 of 14 (44,101 Views)

NFS Porsche Unleashed Cars for download....

★★★ Newbie

Ive just played Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed (2000) And i want to know where can i get cars like Porsche 911 GT2, because the game says me its for download.

Thanks for any other Info about This game

Message 6 of 14 (43,879 Views)

Re: NFS Porsche Unleashed Cars for download....

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello Bros, I play this game online until today, thanks to a server that runs online yet, add me on facebook I explain better, https://www.facebook.com/liuzinhofe ....  teach to run on win 7 and win8, no problem we can help, hug tc

Message 7 of 14 (43,109 Views)

Need for speed porsche unleashed downloadable content

★★★★★ Newbie

I cant find the original ea DLC for need for speed porsche unleashed and its old code wont let me register it.

Ive looked all over for the original cars i even tried web archive.

This is for the game need for speed porsche unleashed not the hot pursuit download

Message 8 of 14 (39,403 Views)

Need For Speed Porsche Unleased Crash...

★★ Novice

Hello.

Everytime when I enter a race, my game Crashes with a DirectX 7 crash...

How can I fix it?

I have a pretty good computer (i5 2500 CPU,GTX 770 GPU...) is that releated?

Message 9 of 14 (39,325 Views)

Where can I buy NFS Porsche unleashed?

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Got a wave of nostalgia, and wanted to play this great game once more.

Anyone know where to buy it online?

Preferably an actual installation file and not a cd.

Message 10 of 14 (38,512 Views)