Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit progress not saving on PC / Steam

by nolifemac

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Is this thread still alive? I was already Level 4 as a Racer then I decided to quit the game to eat, moments later I was shocked that in my Career I went back where I started! It's so annoying! I just wasted my time for the progress I made!

Message 11 of 17 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just wanted to point out that this problem seems to be an administrative rights problem that can be caused by anti virus software, mainly anti ransomware protection.

This can be the Windows Defender, in my case it was Bitdefender. I had to allow the nfs .exe the right to change files in it's save game directory. This is by default under your user folders, which are by default in the ransome-ware safe zone under bitdefender.

I strongly suggest not giving any app for any reason admin rights by starting it in the admin-mode. this kind of access to your computer should only be given to apps that a) need it as a necessity to do stuff that needs admin privileges AND b) you absolutely trust.

Games don't do admin stuff just like donuts don't wear alligator shoes.

Message 12 of 17 (1,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I reset my computer. I can not continue playing the game. The game is reset.

Message 13 of 17 (1,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi there! I encountered a big problem regarding to my saves. I completed my Hot Pursuit PS3 in Offline mode, unlocked all the racer cars but when I connected it online for the first time, my all progress was reset, so I disconnected and checked my offline progress, it also got reset! Now I have to start from scratch. Is there any method to bring back my offline progress in PS3?? Plzz help me

Message 14 of 17 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@syncmasterlenovo Go to virus protection in windows 10 , scroll down to protected folders and click on it then go to allow applications and then browse to nfs hp and click on it. It'll solve the problem.
Message 15 of 17 (1,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go to YouTube and search windows 10 games not saving problem. There's a video regarding protected folder access. Follow the steps, it will solve the problem. 

Message 16 of 17 (1,061 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Straatford87 I played it few months ago. And uninstalled for some reason. But then my windows crashed had to install windows to my SSD. Recently I downloaded again but whole data is missing. I tried to run as administrator but still no saved data
Message 17 of 17 (337 Views)