Need for Speed Hot Pursuit crashes under Windows 8.1 when USB steering wheel is attached.

by garykglenn

Original Post

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit crashes under Windows 8.1 when USB steering wheel is attached.

★★★ Newbie

I am finding that Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is crashing under Windows 8.1 (Build 9481) when an older Thrustmaster Digital steering wheel is attached to the system.  The game seems to run okay, so long as the steering wheel is not attached, and the game is run through the keyboard only.  But as soon as the wheel is attached to the system, the game will crash instantly.  If the wheel is attached to the system when the game is started, the game will crash once the title screen is cleared.  The crash is immediate and 100% reproducible.  The steering wheel is an older unit that is recognized as a generic HID USB device, with no third-party software.  It does seem to work with Need for Speed Hot Pursuit under Window 7 without issue, but I'm not sure about Windows 8 RTM.  I get an error indicating an unhandled Win32 exception occurred in NFS11.exe, but have not been able to get any more detailed information on the crash.  Any suggestions on how to resolve or diagnose this issue?

Message 1 of 1 (1,456 Views)