Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit (Help with Drift Mechanics)

by TheWraithSummnr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit (Help with Drift Mechanics)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I need someone to show me an effective way of drifting. So far I know of two methods : 

1) Brake Drifting - Tapping break is my most used method. Holding break will j.e.r.k the car to pass through tighter turns.

2) Hold Drift - Hold drift is my sister's method of drifting, she essentially lets go of accelerate and turns in a required direction. Not effective on tight turns.

Any more info on how drifting affects your speed, how to keep as much speed as possible while drifting (or even turning) and which methods of drifting are most effective under certain circumstances.

Message 1 of 2 (2,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit (Help with Drift Mechanics)

★★★★ Pro

For corners not too big,let go of accelerate is enough,to initial a drift,the other way is tap brake once and turn,this works on big turn over 90 degrees,but this will decrease the cornering speed.Handbrake is normally useless,unless you need a 180 turn in intercept mission.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (2,178 Views)

All Replies

Re: Need for Speed : Hot Pursuit (Help with Drift Mechanics)

★★★★ Pro

For corners not too big,let go of accelerate is enough,to initial a drift,the other way is tap brake once and turn,this works on big turn over 90 degrees,but this will decrease the cornering speed.Handbrake is normally useless,unless you need a 180 turn in intercept mission.

Message 2 of 2 (2,179 Views)