Re: Need for Speed: Carbon, Windows 10

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Need for Speed: Carbon, Windows 10

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello there!
My issue is about compatibility of Windows 10 and Need for Speed: Carbon.

So, I bought the game in 2011 using Origin. Recently I just wanted to play it again, because the game is good. It didn't work. I tried different compatibility settings, reinstalled video card drivers using clean setups, created new Windows admin accounts, checked if they would be able to launch the game. But nothing worked. I contacted to EA Support, followed every step of troubleshooting they gave me, but nothing worked either. In the end, EA Support told me that I should run lower versions of Windows to be able to play it, but yet I asked them: Why does Half-Life work on Windows 10? Why does Quake 3 work on Windows 10? And I didn't received clear answer. Even apart from this, a friend of mine downloaded a pirate version of NFS Carbon and played it on Windows 10, but why should I download pirate version if I bought the licensed version of the game? EA, help me!
With much respect!

Message 1 of 9 (22,516 Views)

★ Guide
I didn't even know that you could get that game on origin. Why don't you just play pro street instead.
Message 2 of 9 (22,460 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pro Street doesn't work on Win 10 either, it crashes after few seconds ingame. I came here trying to find a solution and I see the problem is similar to that with NFS Carbon. anyone knows a solution?

Message 3 of 9 (22,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i kow why carbon freezes reason beacuse windows 10 some reason on win 7 it runned smootly but on win 10 started freezing evry 1-2 sec

Message 4 of 9 (18,742 Views)

Community Manager

@mees222222

You can try running the game in one of the Windows compatibility modes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

barry.png
Message 5 of 9 (18,699 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry wrote:

@mees222222

You can try running the game in one of the Windows compatibility modes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Thanks, but I've tried every single compatibility mode, and nothing, there has to be a way to play this game without going back to an old os.

Message 6 of 9 (13,925 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Please run Carbon in Windows Xp servie pack 2 and than enjoy nfs Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (13,838 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've managed to make need for speed carbon run and play on windows 10 64-bit

here's how: i installed the game using the game disk

: downloaded a normal game "crack"(NFSC) which helps run and play the game without the game disk(dvd)

: copied the "crack" and pasted it within the installed game found under: C:\Programs or Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\

: And After Doing That.....The Game Will Definitely Work On Windows 10 And Lastly Check "Compatibility Mode" making sure That it's on "Windows XP Service Pack 3" And Also Make Sure That The Checkbox For "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Has a Been "Ticked"(Checked)

Message 8 of 9 (9,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'm trying to get my own NFS carbon game working aswell on windows 10, i came across it while packing some stuff.

I read your comment and was wondering if you could share where you found the dvd crack, I couldnt seem to find it.

It would be much appreciated, i really would like to give this game another chance ^^.

Thanks alot!

Message 9 of 9 (8,515 Views)