Re: Need for Speed Carbon (Origin download) and Windows 10

by Lunelli_98

Original Post

Need for Speed Carbon (Origin download) and Windows 10

★★ Novice

Hello,

I remember buying the game a long time ago and adding it to Origin. I do not think I have a DVD anymore. I can download and install the game, but after installing it I get a login window asking me to login with my EA email and password. If I use the password I have now, I get a message that the servers are temporarily unavailable. How can I play the game? I read that there were 2 types of servers, ones for games launched before 2008 and ones for more recent games. I do remember playing it a while ago.

What can I do to play it now? I am attaching a printscreen with the error. I really want to play it now, for old times sake.

Message 1 of 4 (2,220 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide

@tmihai20

hey, I took a look at the screenshot that you posted and that was the same "error pop up" that would come up while trying to lauch MoH Airborne. I don't remember how I did it, but have you tried to lauch Origin in offline mode? Not sure if it will resolve the issue but might be worth trying.

Best of luck,

L

Message 2 of 4 (2,181 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I was a little away from the PC. I did not try that. I will try it the next time I will launch the game. I found one solution. I updated the game to 1.4, then I used a noCD executable Frown Sadly, this is what we are forced to do.

Message 3 of 4 (2,142 Views)

★★ Guide

@tmihai20

Hey, what do you mean by using a noncd. Exe? Pretty sure all origins games are noncd. Exe as they are downloads.

I'd still try it out the offline mode and see of it works. 

Let me know of it works!

L

Message 4 of 4 (2,138 Views)