Need for Speed Carbon Online not working (Xbox 360)

by SlickGriffter

Original Post

Need for Speed Carbon Online not working (Xbox 360)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The online servers for Need for Speed Carbon on the Xbox 360 no longer allow players to connect and race with each other

I have played online every week for the past couple months, but as of 11/9/2017 (several days ago), I have not been able to connect to other players or host an unranked lobby

Other players I've talked to have told me that they haven't been able to connect to anyone else either

We are able to connect to the EA servers, but the servers are not allowing players to connect and race with each other

It seems to be the same problem described in this forum from last year:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Other-Need-for-Speed-Games/Need-for-Speed-Carbon-Can-not-play-online-2-16-...

Is there a way to allow people to play online again?

Message 1 of 9 (5,857 Views)

Re: Need for Speed Carbon Online not working (Xbox 360)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the same issue for around two weeks now.

Message 2 of 9 (5,664 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem on xbox 360. It connects to EA Nation and can search for a game, but it wont let me connect to anyone else. I have been trying with 3 other friends but we can not connect with each other, no matter how many times/different combinations of players we try. Every time we try to search for a match or create a lobby, it says 'Could not join game. Please try to join a different game.'

Message 3 of 9 (5,617 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I have two consoles X-box 360 with two different Gold accounts on each one. I already owned the game on my main Gold account. A few days ago, I purchased the game for my other Gold account. I tried to find matches using my two consoles; NAT status was open, both consoles were using fixed IP and my router set with port forwarding. I tried to find matches with a few friends as well and the same issue happened. We can connect on EA Nation (Sign in Successful!) and search for a match: "Searching for players..." >> "Joining game session..." >> "Could not join game. Please try to join a different game." It always happens. EA, the issue is real and is happening, please solve it. I purchased a second digital copy of the game on XBOX Live and now I can't play it online, so it is very unfair. Does it mean I wasted my money? You know that there are a lot of players like me around the world with this same issue.

Message 4 of 9 (5,262 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

As a lot of other players, I also encounter this issue. I tweeted EA Support today and got an answer to post in this thread so that your community managers take a look. Here is the Twitter feed for this issue: https://twitter.com/TAKoreXbox/status/1004346522736226304

Actually, people can connect to the servers but not to each other so we cannot play online at all since Nov. 2017. When I create a lobby then press Start to search for other players, then I am always displayed the same message: "Could not join game. Please try to join a different game. Player search has timed out. Please try again."

All the players on Trueachievements website also encounter the same issue.

Thank you for looking into the problem.

Message 5 of 9 (5,127 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Any update on this..? Really annoying that you can get online but not connect to other players ... too many of the achievements in this game are online so please fix this so I finally can finish this game, thanks 😆
Message 6 of 9 (4,868 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is there any chance that servers would be fixed? There are only 3 months left before their official shut down.

Message 7 of 9 (2,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Can confirm as of 14/07/2021 that there is STILL an issue with the Online Multiplayer servers/matchmaking for NFS Carbon on Xbox 360, tried earlier tonight with a newly made friend found via the XboxAchivements site, as we were hoping to get some races done and finally earn some of the Online Achievements, but instead all we got was 'Searching' > 'Joining game...' > 'Could not join' as mentioned by everyone in this and other threads too!

PLEASE get this sorted out EA, we're running out of time and this isn't fair at all :/

Message 8 of 9 (2,018 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Lukester25 I am down to help with these if you fancy another shot at it? THAT'S IF we can connect to online Frown
Message 9 of 9 (2,009 Views)