Need for Speed Carbon: Can not play online 2/16/16

by Flolais

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Carbon: Can not play online 2/16/16

★★★ Novice

Need for Speed Carbon no longer connects online for private or public matches. Is there a way to reset the servers?

Message 1 of 44 (8,295 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need for Speed Carbon: Can not play online 2/16/16

EA DICE Team

@Xenodys @Viper187666

Our investigation concluded that users were able to connect to the Need for Speed servers (we tested this internally) and that they were able to play together (which is the users playing at this very moment that I was referring to in my previous post. Apologies if that was not clear from the original statement).

Since we verified that the servers are working as intended, and that users are able to connect to each other, I'm afraid that there isn't more we can do from here at the moment.

View in thread

Message 24 of 44 (8,966 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Flolais

Please try power cycling your router and then connect to it directly with a cable rather than wirelessly.

barry.png
Message 2 of 44 (8,271 Views)

★★★ Novice

My xbox 360 is already connected to my router and its been power cycled many times. This is something on EA's end because I have a friend with the game as well who can't connect to me or anybody else as well. I have talked to numerous gamers over the past month and a half and not a single one has said they can play online. I can't even host an unranked lobby in custom match anymore. When I try it says "Could not join game, Please try to join a different game."

Message 3 of 44 (8,267 Views)

Community Manager

@Flolais

Can you try the troubleshooting steps in the following article and let us know your results:

https://help.ea.com/article/issues-connecting-online-with-xbox-360

barry.png
Message 4 of 44 (8,260 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of those steps worked Barry.

I have my xbox plugged into my router, I cleared my cache, I redownloaded the update, I have already opened all of my ports and have open NAT and the Need for Speed Carbon servers are still down. Before you try to troubleshoot my xbox  and profile more, I would like to mention that I have no issues with any other game either EA or otherwise. In fact, my connectivity is good enough to run multiple xboxes at the same time with different games like Army of Two or Gears of War.

I would also like to mention that no one in the world has unlocked an online achievement in Need for Speed Carbon since December. Now granted there are less people playing nowadays but there are achievements you get online for doing 1 race. And no one has gotten those achievements since that time.

Here is a forum with other people who are having the same issue. http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=758292

So either everybody in the world who plays Carbon is having connection issues or something is wrong with the Need for Speed Carbon servers.

Could you please put in your Need for Speed Carbon game and see if you can host an unranked custom match? Because I have played this game since it came out and this is the first time I cannot host a lobby.

Message 5 of 44 (8,256 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Flolais wrote:

Could you please put in your Need for Speed Carbon game and see if you can host an unranked custom match?

I played NFS Carbon yesterday (PC version). I hosted a few unranked events & invited my son. We played without any problems/issues. We even did "get to free roam" bug at Starlight Street sprint event.

Yours sincerely, Mikimuster3
I am a volunteer and not an EA employee.
Important Priority Necessary (Improve the solution to your problem):
- https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/
- https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/
- https://twitter.com/eahelp

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"XP" button = reward someone's effort! (this is like saying "Thanks")
"Accept as Solution" = important for other players with the same problem!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*P.S. Most enjoyable EA= https://www.ea.com/games/coming-soon
Message 6 of 44 (8,248 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Mikimuster3 @Flolais

I double-checked for you: the servers are up and running. However, I can't say that they are very busy.. If you continue to experience connection issues, then these additional steps might be of use:

Message 7 of 44 (8,225 Views)

★★★ Novice

The servers aren't down, they are just broken. I don't know what server status message you are getting, but I have logged into the Xbox 360 game everyday since January and have been unable to play online like I have in the past.

I've played xbox 360 games for 8 years. So I know all about opening ports, clearing system cache, and nat errors. And I have beaten this game and have gotten all achievements in it except for the glitched one due to bad coding. So I have a good understanding of how the game is supposed to function.

Simply put, there is no troubleshooting on my end that will resolve this issue because it is not specific to me. My friend has the same issue as well as a bunch of other people. I've already proven to you that no one in the world has been able to play online since December because you can track specific achievements and see when it was last unlocked. No one has been able to play online.

And until this issue is actually brought to EA's attention and actually tested in the game, it can't be fixed. So can you please forward this issue to the appropriate people or test it yourself if you have the game? You should be able to host an unranked lobby to invite friends if the servers are working properly.

And to the previous poster: I've already said that this is an xbox 360 issue. The PC version of this game is different and looks like its functioning fine according to your testimony. But that doesn't help me on the xbox 360.

Message 8 of 44 (8,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm running into the same issue on the Xbox 360 version of Need for Speed: Carbon as @Flolais.

I can assure you that my issue is not local to my LAN environment since I work on networks professionally and am a CCIE.  The issue is either on EAs servers for the Xbox 360 version, EAs LAN, or the POP (point of presence) of the service providers between our location and EAs data center.  Realistically the issue will reside on the server itself since issues with the POP or the LAN would affect more than just this game (unless you have a VLAN or VRF specific to the 360 version which is missing on a device somewhere in the data center LAN).

@Mikimuster3 the PC version would not use the same servers (or at least the same virtual location on the server if EA uses something like VMWare/UCS in their data center) as the 360 version of the game.  If they did you would connect to both PC and 360 players which gives a competitive advantage to the PC player.

I'd prefer not to have to troubleshoot this issue myself with packet captures and connectivity testing like traceroutes or pings.  @Straatford87 @EA_Barry if this is necessary please let me know.

Message 9 of 44 (8,188 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already did a trace route connectivity test on case # 22758255 and it was determined that the issues were not on my end.

Message 10 of 44 (8,185 Views)