Re: Need For Speed ​​Undercover Doesn't Work ERROR Crash 2020

by uglyvikings

Original Post

Need For Speed ​​Undercover Doesn't Work ERROR Crash 2020

★ Novice

A few days ago I had a problem starting the game,
I am using windows 10, so I enabled the compatibility mode with windows 7, but there was a new problem, an error message appeared, informing me that my license had expired, right after I tried the compatibility mode with windows 98 / me, xp, vista and also did not work.
So I contacted support several times and corrected the error in my account, I managed to start the game, but the game crashed right after I finished the first race with the nissan 370z (350z?).
I figured it was incompatible with windows, so I reinstalled the game on windows 7, and the same thing happened.
I researched ways to solve the problem, including:
1) use compatibility mode with other versions of windows, such as windows 98 / ME, xp, vista etc.
2) disable the high DPI mode.
3) run as an administrator.
4) apply the "generic fix" mod
5) Try to run the program with only 1 or 2 processor cores.
6) apply update 1.0.1.18 by overwriting version 1.1.2.1 (origin)
7) install and paste the Nvidia Physx dll files into the game's root folder.
But none of these alternatives worked, I don't know what else I can do, I don't want to have to buy a physical media (DVD) or the steam version, does EA sell a broken game at the origin store?
Can someone help me?

Message 1 of 4 (1,573 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@3m3speed Someone on steam said this probaly would help.

try turning V-Sync on. As soon as you get past the initial credits and begin racing, press Esc and go into Options -> Graphic Preferences -> Advanced -> V-Sync (and then select ON).

Let me know if it works Party hat

Message 2 of 4 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I forgot to mention it in the text above, I also tested the game with the v-sync mode on and it didn't work.
There were so many different ways that I tried to run this game that I forgot to mention some.
Yesterday afternoon, I bought the steam version and it worked perfectly, I applied the 1.0.1.18 update and it also worked correctly and without fail.
In the steam version I didn't need to apply any compatibility settings with Windows 10.
I have had NFS-Undercover in my Origin account for many years and if my memory is not failing, my last memory of running this game successfully was in a version of windows vista.
I really didn't want to buy the steam version, as I have my entire Need For Speed ​​collection on Origin.
After all this inconvenience, I came to the conclusion that the Origin version is failing because somehow it has the old DRM SafeDisc or SecuROM, however the Origin version should not have this DRM because there is no physical disk.
The steam version is working because it does not use this DRM because it uses its own steamapi DRM that works in a virtual way.
Please EA fix this problem, I believe that many players who bought are not able to play for the same reason.

Message 3 of 4 (1,520 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@3m3speed Good to know, I should probaly buy Need for speed hot pursuit 2010 on steam too actually. Since i get a error that i cant connect to autolog. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,515 Views)