Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

by turbouu

Original Post

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

★ Guide

@dalitsom wrote: Windows XP service pack3,

I have a multi-boot system (XP Pro (SP3), XP Pro X64, Win 7 Pro 64 bit, Win 10 Pro 64 bit). I run all of my older games on XP Pro. I have the original EA DVD version of Undercover with patch 1.0.1.18 (this adds the challenge series, which is not available with the Origin version), and it is running OK, including online (at least I can see the leaderboard stats). I also have original EA DVD Shift 2 Unleashed Limited Edition, although I have to use an old save to access the Limited Edition content, since the Origin server no longer sends out "unlock" messages for games that use an unlock system. Both Undercover and Shift 2 only use the DVD for the initial install. I also have DVD versions of older NFS games like Shift 1, and those require the DVD (or CD) to play.

Message 11 of 32 (2,987 Views)

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover fails to connect with licence server

★ Guide

Hey man,

Ik krijg het zelfde bericht :/ .Dacht dat het mijn pc is, blijkbaar dus niet....

Getting the same message:/ Thought it was my pc, guess not.........

Message 12 of 32 (2,979 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Since we are all having this problem I guess it has something to do on ea's side. My saved games instally freezes and now I cant lauch anymore with an error about the license server. Hope it is fixed soon....

Message 13 of 32 (2,979 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Indeed, EA has been working on the issue since late last week. I believe soon it will be sorted.

Message 14 of 32 (2,965 Views)

★★ Novice

It is, the Steam version works, origin doesn't, so it is origin that fails. DVD version does work also.

Message 15 of 32 (2,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

As previously posted,  EA original DVD version is working. I checked it again a few hours ago, I'm still able to go online and I did see some weekly and daily activity on the leaderboards, most of it players doing career mode while logged in, so others, apparently with the DVD or Steam version aren't having any issues.

On a probably related note, none of the "DLC" content for Shift 2 Unleashed can be unlocked if you don't already have a save with the content, as EA broke the server so that it no longer sends out "unlock" messages at log in, which Shift 2 uses instead of actual downloads to enable "DLC" content, or content like the Dr Pepper Camaro. Tech support has been aware of this for over 3 months and nothing has been fixed. Rather than fix the problem, Origin stopped selling the Limited Edition of Shift 2, but it's still available from online retailers like Amazon or Ebay, but now the extra Limited Edition content can't be unlocked. In my case this problem is compounded by yet another change EA made to the server which no longer allows you to update a password that has been changed when Shift 2 tries to login, and it just fails showing "invalid password" with no option to update the password (this used to work before EA broke it on the server side, the game was not changed). In my case EA forced a change since my old password didn't meet the new standards (it was all lower case letters), so there's no way for me to log in on any of my saves where I logged in previously, and if I use a save before I logged in, I don't get any of the Limited Edition content that I paid for.

Message 16 of 32 (2,946 Views)

need for speed: undercover problem with connection to server

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Yesterday I bought nfs: undercover directly from origin only to find out that the game doesnt work.

Everytime I try to start the game a message box from ea appears telling me that I am unable to connect to the license servers.

My internet connection is not the problem.

I read about this issue in earlier posts. Has anybody found a solution to the problem? Is ea working on fixing it?

Thank you very much for your help!

Kind regarts

Michael

Message 17 of 32 (2,932 Views)

Re: need for speed: undercover problem with connection to server

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem, i talked to support via chat and was told that they were aware of the issue and working on it , but that was a month ago

Message 18 of 32 (17,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Both Games work now

Message 19 of 32 (2,717 Views)

★ Guide

Hey,

Jup they both start, However, when loading a profile it still freezes so I still cant play nfs undercover. It just freezes..... Used to be able to play it.

Message 20 of 32 (2,702 Views)