Original Post

Re: need for speed: undercover problem with connection to server

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. Windows 10 Pro x64 on Z370 chipset

Message 21 of 32 (2,234 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

★★★★★ Novice

How is this thread resolved?   no answer, no fix, waiting on update from a long time ago.

I just bought the game as I loved playing it on my old Xbox 360, which I no longer have.

No compatibility settings, reinstallation of Origin or game gave better results.

Right after selecting profile about 2 - 3 seconds and it just locks and has to be End Tasked.

Update Please?

Message 22 of 32 (2,221 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I can play NFS undercover and NFS Shift without any issues. I am using my origin profile/persona when it asks for a profile. Are you playing with a different profile? I have not tried creating local profile, am not even sure if that option is available. If it it available and that's what you are using, try using the profile you use on origin. Also try updating the game in origin app if there is any updates available. 

Message 23 of 32 (2,211 Views)

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover fails to connect with licence server

★ Guide

>it tells me the connection to the licence server fails.

That is because the license server is a securom license server which has been shutdown. For some of the games affected by this, EA has explained how to disable DRM for a few of the affected games where it is possible to disable DRM in a simple manner, usually by deleting a single file or folder. I don't have any of these affected games, so I don't know how EA is making this information available. It may show up if you go to the EA help web site and do a search for this problem for a particular game.

I can report that most, if not all, of the games affected by the securom server shutdown are Origin download versions of the games. I haven't heard about any of these problems with the same games downloaded from Steam (those use a different DRM method or server), and in my case I can confirm that none of my games purchased as retail media DVD-ROM games have this problem. I have the impression that older games downloaded from the EA Store (remember EA download manager?) don't have this problem either.

Message 24 of 32 (2,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im running my Game on Windows 10, from steam. Everything works fine for me, so problem shouldnt be the fact u are using windows 10, i think its on origin's side

Message 25 of 32 (2,172 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry i keep getting there seems to be a problam contacting the license server ensure internet connection is active and try agein could you help please
Message 26 of 32 (1,874 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks. I am thinking on getting this game on steam since it is on sale right now at $2.49. I was worried that the problems people seem to be having with the Origin edition will crop up on steam as well, but that doesn't seem to be the case on the discussion forums or reviews.  I am getting it on steam instead then.

Message 27 of 32 (1,406 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issues here
I've tried downloading the general fix, even trying to find a ini file

It started as everyone else. It boots up in an odd resolution, but then fails to load the game after selecting a save. it freezes forcing me to kill it with task manager.

I tried booting it in safe mode and ever since it only loads a large console window that doesn't allow me to type anything and then closes after several seconds.

Message 28 of 32 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I've been working on this and so far I've found that you have to run the game with 4 cores through msconfig. the game STILL brought up the little terminal window but i waited and the game launched.

editing to add I also right-clicked on the game install folder, went to properties, and un-checked the "read only" box at the bottom. It seems you have to do this every time you launch it as this setting resets.

Message 29 of 32 (861 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@trugamerjr Thank you!!!
Message 30 of 32 (827 Views)