Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

by turbouu

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello.

Today I downloaded Origin and bought Need For Speed: Undercover only to find out that It's not working.

The first issue I ran into, after completing the installation, was that it didn't automatically install an icon on my Desktop.

Shortly after starting the game from Origin, the game opened, and after selecting a new save, the game starts loading and instantly freezes.

After rebooting my PC, reopening and logging into Origin. The same thing happened again.

I've already tried updating my sound card and GPU, rebooting my PC, and restarting Origin. 

Can this problem be solved?

Message 1 of 32 (14,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: need for speed: undercover problem with connection to server

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem, i talked to support via chat and was told that they were aware of the issue and working on it , but that was a month ago

View in thread

Message 18 of 32 (17,138 Views)

All Replies

Re: Need For Speed: Undercover 2018

Community Manager

@turbouu

Try right clicking on the DXSETUP file from your game install location and then run that as an Administrator.

Let us know if this works for you, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 32 (14,670 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Barry wrote:

@turbouu

Try right clicking on the DXSETUP file from your game install location and then run that as an Administrator.

Let us know if this works for you, thanks.

I tried this and it did not work.

Message 3 of 32 (14,659 Views)

Community Manager

@turbouu

Please confirm if your issue was resolved via support case #43825039

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 32 (14,642 Views)

★★ Novice

It was not solved, and i don't know what ccleaner has to do with my computer i bought 3 weeks ago.

Message 5 of 32 (14,633 Views)

Community Manager

@turbouu

Did you try disabling Origin in-game: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-use-origin-in-game

Did you also try running Origin as an Administrator (via right click, run as an admin.) from a Windows User Account with Administrative privileges:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-account-type-windows-10

barry.png
Message 6 of 32 (14,604 Views)

Need For Speed Undercover Online Authentification Issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey guys,

Last week I was feeling rather nostalgic and bought NFS Undercover on Origin. My nostalgic buzz was rudely interrupted by an online authentication error. This happens after the game has been installed and begins to boot, it comes up with a Authentication window and then it says server failed, try again later.

I have contacted EA, and no response.

Is this a serial key issue?

Message 7 of 32 (14,589 Views)

Need For Speed: Undercover fails to connect with licence server

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

error.pngsorry, to bother for an old game here, but it was on the recommandation of someone of the EA games help facebookpage.

since a few days i can't start Need For Speed: Undercover anymore.

it tells me the connection to the licence server fails.

it's the only game with this failure in my game collection.

running it on windows 10 pro x64 (worked till about 4 weeks back).

it's boutgh and installed through Origin.

uninstalling and reinstalling is not helping

all ports needed seem open.

DNS is flushed.

firewall turned off isn't helping either.

with all games i mean: the sims 4, balls of steel, crysis 3, Agatha Christie - And Then There Were None, Age of Empires III Complete Collection, DOOM, Dungeon Keeper, Evil Under the Sun, C&C Generals, Grand Theft Auto V, Murder on the Orient Express, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands, RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard  BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil, Secret of Mana, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection, StarCraft (II), The Saboteur.

i don't see anything wrong on my side anymore, but if there is, please tell.

Message 8 of 32 (14,558 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

After chatting to many Advisors and trying all they suggested, the last Advisor said it could be that the game is not compatible with Windows 10 and if I were to install it on Windows XP service pack3, it should be able to play.
So I went on and searched for my Windows XP Copy, installed it on a different computer, installed Origin, Need For Speed Undercover yet still, the error came "There seems to be a problem contacting the license server..." This Windows XP was also updated and activated.

I did the troubleshooting steps I was doing on Windows 10 on this Windows XP, the problem still exists. The same issue is happening with Need For Speed SHIFT.

Message 9 of 32 (14,466 Views)

★★★★ Novice
exact same problem with both undercover and shift
Message 10 of 32 (14,442 Views)